Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

Coins lost in Cali fires...

A city councilman from San Bernardino was on the news today and said "people are sifting through the ashes of their homes today looking for their valuable jewlery and coin collections." image

Comments

• Options
    One of the disturbing thngs I have heard recently is that George Kolbe's home is in the area of the fires and he has the Ford Library there for cataloging. The fires are close enough that George and his family have been evacuated but I don't know if the library as been moved to a safe area or not.
  • Options
    Condor, I'm guessing they didn't take any chances with that one... but, it amazes me how many people stayed at their homes until the very last minute (leaving them no time to pack) before they left for safety. It amazes me more the number of people that decided to stay at home with their garden hoses and ended up losing their lives...
  • Options
    PlacidPlacid Posts: 11,301 ✭✭✭
    Fire safes
  • Options
    The problem with safes is that the contents might still get hot enough to melt.
    The strangest things seem suddenly routine.
  • Options
    Bet there will be some AT's coming out of that area in the future.....
  • Options
    nwcsnwcs Posts: 13,387 ✭✭✭
    Just wait till the ebay FIRE SALE coins go up.
  • Options
    Floor safes are pretty effective....heat rises.
    Today's mighty oak is just yesterday's nut that held its ground.
  • Options
    Anyone know if PCGS holders melt.........?

Mmmmm

Regards , ManxMan , Isle of Man
  • Options
    Welcome Manxman. It is nice to see somebody else from the Island on the Board.
    Tony Harmer
    Web: www.tonyharmer.org
  • Options
    It's a small world , is it not.......
  • Options
    EVillageProwlerEVillageProwler Posts: 5,859 ✭✭✭✭✭
    As with most of the BiblioNumis membership, I too am concerned about the fate of the Ford library. I suspect that it is extensive enough that evacuating the material is impractical.

Last I heard, the Ford family are aware of the situation and are happy that the Kolbes are safe and sound.

EVP

How does one get a hater to stop hating?

I can be reached at evillageprowler@gmail.com

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file