Home PSA Set Registry Forum
Options

I think I may have paid to much!!

I got caught up in a bidding war the other day for the card listed below. I plan on submitting it once I recieve it, but I have to say I am a little nervous because if it doesn't come back an 8 I am out more $$$ than the card is worth. Either way I need it for my set so that is a plus. What is everyone's take on the chance it could be an 8. Personally after looking closer the corners look to soft for an 8, oh well I have not had much experience submitting vintage, especially buying from ebay, but I guess this may teach me a lesson. Thanks ahead for any input.

Link

Comments

• Options
    qualitycardsqualitycards Posts: 2,811 ✭✭✭
    Buying a raw card from eBay is like Russian Roulette. Its very hard to gauge from a scan a proper grade. There are so many things like card wrinkles that a scan cannot pick up, and don't forget any problem on the card back. Your '55 looks like a nice card and if all goes well an "8" can be in your future, I hope you get it. Keep us informed...jay
  • Options
    i hate to be a naysayer, but that guy has over 5000 feedback and listed the card as near mint. if it was nrmt/mt he would have said so. subsequently, at best i'd have to say you'll get a 7. usually you downgrade 1 or 2 numbers from the stated description to what grade you'll probably receive. let us know, we all have to live and learn.
    Duner a.k.a. THE LSUConnMan
    lsuconnman@yahoo.com

• Options
    I do not think that you have that much to worry about. The card raw books for $30.00. PSA 7 is $45.00, a 6 is $25 and a 8 is $90.00.
    Have you every bought a lottery ticket? I think that you have better odds here.
  • Options
    gemintgemint Posts: 6,069 ✭✭✭✭✭
    It looks like a nice card and the seller has a 100% return policy. Don't lose sleep over it.
  • Options
    wolfbearwolfbear Posts: 2,759 ✭✭✭

Barring any unseen problems, looks like an easy 7, and maybe an 8 to me.

The seller deals in modern cards,
    and it doesn't look like he submits cards for grading, so those factors are both pluses in your favor.

At worst, you'll have a very nice looking card ...

Pix of 'My Kids'

"How about a little fire Scarecrow ?"