Home PSA Set Registry Forum
Options

Questions about 1948-52 Exhibit Football Cards

There are some Exhibit football cards on sale right now on EBAY. I don't know anything about this set, but I am interested in a player from this set. The football cards for sale on EBAY do not have borders but the NRMT hockey Exhibits do. Do the football exhibits have borders? Does PSA have holders that fit the size of these cards because I believe they do grade them? Also, is there any writing on the backs of these cards or are they just blank? Any info would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks - John
Lawrence Taylor #1 Basic/Master
1993 Pro Set Power All-Power-Defense Gold #1

Comments

• Options
    PSA does grade them ... at least they grade the basketball. However, at least for the 48s, they extremely hard to find in true NRMT quality.

Jeff

http://www.vintagebasketballcards.info
  • Options
    The size of these cards makes high grade very tough to find.

• Options
    shouldabeena10shouldabeena10 Posts: 1,357 ✭✭✭
    Hey John,

Backs are blank. No borders. 59 cards in the set. Thick card stock. Size is 3 1/4" x 5 3/8". They came out of vending machines... when they were first released they were in Black and White, but later switched to sepia and later several colors. The colored cards have a higher book value and there are different color variations for certain cards. Some of the years have a line of type running along the bottom of the card (describing the player). The cards are thought to have been released in 3 groups of approx. 32 cards each primarily in 1948, 1950, and 1951. The 1951's and later are the easiest to find and are DP's. The Beckett has them listed in NM at $8 for a DP common, $40 for a common, $60 for a SP-1950 common, and $200 for a SP-1948 common.

Hope that helps

Mike

"Vintage Football Cards" A private Facebook Group of 4000 members, for vintage football card trading, sales & auctions. https://facebook.com/groups/vintagefootball/