Home Buy, Sell, & Trade - U.S. Coins
Options

1945-P PCGS MS-65FB Mercury dime - Very old PCGS slab - Sold for $10,350 at Auction

Finally selling my duplicate (would you believe???) 1945-P MS-65FB dime as I saw something I really wanted even more!!!
This is in an MUCH older PCGS holder!!! It is a wonderful dime and extremely high end for the grade. I believe it is a shot MS-66FB but did not want to crack it out of the old holder.

Note that there are already 6 different bidders and the price is already up to $6900 with the juice.

CLICK HERE for 1945-P Dime being Auctioned in Heritage Sale

A Collectors Universe poster since 1997!

Comments

• Options
    orevilleoreville Posts: 11,780 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Price is up to $7187.50 including the juice.
  • Options
    jdimmickjdimmick Posts: 9,591 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Oreville,

Ill bet you the coin brings over 10K with the juice. That is the nicest I have ever seen by far!
  • Options
    gripgrip Posts: 9,962 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wish you would have posted it here first,I would have giving you $9,500 for it.
  • Options
    I just noticed that the price is up to $7,762.50 including the juice with 7 different bidders. I have never seen such competitive internet bidding quite like this with 6 days to go before the floor bidding. This coin has already set a record price for Heritage on this date/mm/grade, although I have paid more for my other 1945-P MS-65FB 10c dime which is definitely a MS-66FB quality dime.

Since this coin was in fact purchased by me in a Heritage auction just 16 months ago for $6900 including the juice is a first hand indication that coin prices are indeed very strong. As such, I put a very strong reserve price on it as well.
  • Options
    Cool looking coin. Someday I hope to own one of these.

My FB mercury dime set is incomplete without this coin.
  • Options
    The price is up to $8,625.00 including the juice with the same 7 bidders. Just a little over 3 days to go before floor bidding.

• Options
  • Options
    The price is up to $10,062.50 including the juice with 10 different (!) bidders. Just a little over 2 days of internet bidding to go before the floor bidding.

Holy mackeral! I have seen such intensive on-line bidding before!!!

I even admitted that I only paid $6900 for this coin just 16 months agoimage

Now, I am beginning to understand what Laura/Legend is talking about!!!!
  • Options
    1 day to go!
  • Options
    Internet bidding closed at $10,350 including the juice with 10 bidders and also met my reserve. Now we wait for the floor bidding this afternoon.

• Options
    So far,a nice little profit for 16 monthsimage.Al
  • Options
    Grip: So far, Heritage made more profit than I did!!! image You guys are GOOD in predicting these things!!!

Quite frankly, I had set the reserve so high I thought it would not sell. But the funds will help finance some things I want to do.

Example: $36K a year in College fees and expenses. image
  • Options
    jdimmickjdimmick Posts: 9,591 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Congrats oreville,

Just hammered at 9k (10,350 with juice)

jim

I told you it would bring over 10k with juice! It is a very nice coin, and congrats to the buyer as well!
  • Options
    Amazing that all of the action was by internet!!!

The internet seems to gaining more and more prominence.

jdimmick: Thanks for giving me the heads up.