Home World & Ancient Coins Forum

Foreign (Non-US) Numismatic Associations

Since this is the “darkside”, and as a logical (I think) extension of the current ANA thread, I wonder if any board members (with apologies to those outside of the US) are members of foreign numismatic assiciations.

I would think that Britain and Canada are logical candidates, but I can think of others like Australia, NZ or even France.

What say all of you??
Rufus T. Firefly: How would you like a job in the mint?

Chicolini: Mint? No, no, I no like a mint. Uh - what other flavor you got?

Comments

• spoonspoon Posts: 2,798 ✭✭✭
    Hmm.. never thought of that, good question. I'd be interested to hear what others say.. in the meantime I think I'll do some web-research image
  • I'm a member of the U.S. Mexican Numismatic Association (USMexNA). Based in the US, but deals with Mexican numismatics.

Collector of Fractional Gold; gold tokens from Canada, California, Alaska & other states; gold so-called dollars, and other oddball stuff.
  • SYRACUSIANSYRACUSIAN Posts: 6,448 ✭✭✭✭
    I'm a member of the Greek Numismatic Association (Panellinia Nomismatiki Enosi ) that deals with modern (1828 todate) Greek coins only; needs to be relocated and start accepting members from scratch.Too many crooks around.

The serious organization is the one that deals with ancients.
    Dimitri

myEbay

DPOTD 3
  • There is a common numismatic association for Scandinavia (don't know its name in English) that I have considered becoming a member of. They have some good auctions... only problem is that they are held in Copenhagen and that is pretty far from where I live... so I'm not that busy becoming a member.

Marcel
    Ebay user name: 00MadMuffin00
  • santeliasantelia Posts: 138 ✭✭
    There is a national organization based out of Dallas, TX called Numismatics International. Very reasonable to join, with a bimonthly (?) journal and a lending library that has all sorts of obscure sources. They have get-togethers at all the national shows. I've been a member now for two years and enjoy it a lot. See here: Numismatics International Homepage.
    Chinese cash enthusiast