Home PCGS Set Registry Forum
Options

To all you Rosie FBers

Please take a look at the ebay auctions on some Fine FB Roosies. I'm going to buy some.
Auctions by meber10457@aol.comimage

Comments

• Options
    DatentypeDatentype Posts: 1,677 ✭✭✭
  • Options
    image Who's Wondercoin? I just thought this would be a heads up for all my Registry folks.
  • Options
    tough crowd
  • Options
    Link to

<< <i>Auctions by meber10457@aol.com >>

• Options
    Thanks for the link. Since I am new to this is it common for other members to BASH you and then edit it out?Edited: Thursday October 30, 2003 at 3:46 PM by Datentype
  • Options
    DatentypeDatentype Posts: 1,677 ✭✭✭
    I hear ya! I've been in the pits battling with redcentand and others and I forgot that it's not really my style so i edited it out. my apologies for being a hard ass.
  • Options
    Thanks.
  • Options
    MistercoinmanMistercoinman Posts: 1,810 ✭✭✭
    Thanks for the tip, and welcome to the boards. I see you are a Roosey fan, thats a nice place to start
  • Options

<< <i>my apologies for being a hard ass >>

we all have those days!

• Options
    sinin1sinin1 Posts: 7,500
    skate4357

I looked at the auctions and only saw clad roosies - are those the kind you are going to collect?

the mint made millions of those, and also millions of mint sets - the coins of real value are the ones with low populations that do not go up (because when more 68s are made, their value goes down) -

everyone has their preferences - but I would think silver (64 and before) have a better chance of holding/increasing in value than clad
  • Options
    cladkingcladking Posts: 28,351 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>

everyone has their preferences - but I would think silver (64 and before) have a better chance of holding/increasing in value than clad >>

This would be a logical conclusion except that it doesn't take into account a few pertinent
    details. The silver coins were saved in very large numbers for the main part and have been
    avidly collected for generations. During this time many great coins have been set aside for
    future collectors. It's certainly true that this availability detracts nothing from their collect-
    ibility and that demand for them is growing despite a fixed supply.

By the same token, however, there were very few collectors for the clad dimes until very re-
    cently. There are no old collections of these waiting for higher prices to come on the market.
    There are very few rolls or bags which were set aside due to the near total lack of interest.
    The mint sets have been largely consumed over the years and are not nearly so widely avail-
    able as is usually assumed. Perhaps most importantly though is that th clad dimes are generally
    poorly made. This makes them elusive in the higher grades or even in choice condition in some
    cases.

All the silver issues can be readily found in AU or XF if one can't afford the uncs but many of the
    clads virtually don't exist in high circ grades.

Whatever you collect should be determined by your interests independently of investment con-
    siderations, but this should be no reason to ignore the rapidly expanding collecting of the clads.
    Tempus fugit.
  • Options
    So very well put. I feel the same on the clad issues. I think the clad in 66FB or better is a Great investment at this time. Long term your guess is as good as mine. I believe there is far less FB clad Roosies than you will find in high grade Nickels (66FS and better).
    Thanks again for your thread so well put.