Speaking of throwing out the Krause!!

Comments

• Options
    spoonspoon Posts: 2,798 ✭✭✭
    Nice image but I know nothing about it image

What's a Griquatownimage
  • Options
    laurentyvanlaurentyvan Posts: 4,243 ✭✭✭
    This price is, I assume, a result of the slabbing or is it simply undervalued in Krause plus a little auction fever on the part of two or three individuals?image
    One of the penalties for refusing to participate in politics
    is that you end up being governed by inferiors. – Plato
  • Options
    MacCrimmonMacCrimmon Posts: 7,054 ✭✭✭
    It looks like two shill bidders working in tandem to me. Bidder, colbevread, registered yesterday.
  • Options
    MacCrimmonMacCrimmon Posts: 7,054 ✭✭✭
    And another thing, if legit, bidding like that is stupid!! That's my rant for the day! image
  • Options
    1jester1jester Posts: 8,638 ✭✭✭
    I wonder if one of those dudes is our ex-member?

By the way, I love that coin!! It's beautiful, and if I had the money, and especially if I were concentrating on South African coins, I'm sure I'd pull an uber-bidder and bid it even higher. Regardless of what Askari or Da Mouse opine about such behavior...image

imageimageimage
    .....GOD

"Ask, and it shall be given you; seek, and ye shall find; knock, and it shall be opened unto you." -Luke 11:9

"Hear, O Israel: The LORD our God is one LORD: And thou shalt love the LORD thy God with all thine heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy might." -Deut. 6:4-5

"For the LORD is our judge, the LORD is our lawgiver, the LORD is our king; He will save us." -Isaiah 33:22
  • Options
    OK, I have to agree with Mac on this one: bidding like that is stupid. Better to snipe at the last second with an uberbid.

imageimageimage
    .....GOD

"Ask, and it shall be given you; seek, and ye shall find; knock, and it shall be opened unto you." -Luke 11:9

"Hear, O Israel: The LORD our God is one LORD: And thou shalt love the LORD thy God with all thine heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy might." -Deut. 6:4-5

"For the LORD is our judge, the LORD is our lawgiver, the LORD is our king; He will save us." -Isaiah 33:22
  • Options
    I do like the coin very much, but not that much for a sideline coin to a sideline collection. image KM has it at $200 and I think that is a fair price.
    Terry

eBay Store

DPOTD Jan 2005, Meet the Darksiders
  • Options
    a nice coin but some fishy bidding going on there.
    So many coins, so little money!
    Ebay name: bhil3
  • Options
    wybritwybrit Posts: 6,953 ✭✭✭
    One bidder maybe, but two = suspicious.

I don't think our "friend" is one of the bidders.
    Former owner, Cambridge Gate collection.
  • Options
    AskariAskari Posts: 3,713
    Actually, Krause is phenomenally useless for pricing patterns. They're typically unrealistically low -- often laughably low. I don't know anything about the market value of South African patterns, but if Krause is off on them like it is on German patterns, the high bid is not necessarily outrageous ... only the bidding tactics.
    Askari

Come on over ... to The Dark Side! image
  • Options
    now at over 3X Krause!! image I wish I were the seller.
    Terry

eBay Store

DPOTD Jan 2005, Meet the Darksiders
  • Options
    I bet it tops $1000 at hammer.

imageimageimage
    .....GOD

• Options
    farthingfarthing Posts: 3,294 ✭✭✭
    Auction ended early and all bids cancelled by the seller. image

I wonder if the seller thought the bidding pattern was fishy and that he was being setup for a last minute bid cancellation that would cause the coin to be sold below market levels???
    R.I.P. Wayne, Brad
    Collecting:
    Conder tokens
    19th & 20th Century coins from Great Britain and the Realm
  • Options
    It is fishy. I'd hate to be the seller when there are unprofessional and non-serious bidders.

imageimageimage
    .....GOD