Home World & Ancient Coins Forum
Options

Might any of you good fellows have one of these for sale?

Coincopwife has expressed interest in having this fill a spot on her Christmas list.
Glock: the original point and click interface.
The Second Amendment is in place in case they ignore the others.
Guns have only two enemies, rust and liberals.
Criminals love gun control, it makes their profession safer.
If guns are outlawed can we use swords?
A gun in the hand is better than a cop on the phone

Comments

• Options
    1jester1jester Posts: 8,638 ✭✭✭
    OK, but what will you be buying coincophussy....image

imageimageimage
    .....GOD

"Ask, and it shall be given you; seek, and ye shall find; knock, and it shall be opened unto you." -Luke 11:9

"Hear, O Israel: The LORD our God is one LORD: And thou shalt love the LORD thy God with all thine heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy might." -Deut. 6:4-5

"For the LORD is our judge, the LORD is our lawgiver, the LORD is our king; He will save us." -Isaiah 33:22
  • Options
    Still available at THE MINT for $61.18
    Bill

09/07/2006
  • Options
    I have been interested in them, but cannot afford them right now nor do I want to pay the RCMs outrageous shipping.
    So many coins, so little money!
    Ebay name: bhil3
  • Options
    Thanks for the link Bill. You suppose anyone on here would want to order a lot of them (I'm assuming this would save on shipping. I've never ordered anything from the Royal Mint) and then sell them from here?
  • Options
    I think if you order a "lot" there is potential taxes due to CDN? Not sure by my small orders have always included
    a tax statement w/ 0.00 due
  • Options
    Anyone in Canada w/o a GST registration # will have to pay 7% tax.

The only way one could save is for several US buyers to buy together, or find a dealer in Canada who'll do the paperwork reasonably. (Buy the coins with tax, then fill out invoice and statements showing they have been sold to buyers outside of Canada to claim back the tax)
  • Options
    Why should we have to pay sales or any other type of tax? Doesn't NAFTA have anything to do with freedom from duties?

Coincopwife obviously has great tastes! I like that coin too.

imageimageimage
    .....GOD

"Ask, and it shall be given you; seek, and ye shall find; knock, and it shall be opened unto you." -Luke 11:9

"Hear, O Israel: The LORD our God is one LORD: And thou shalt love the LORD thy God with all thine heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy might." -Deut. 6:4-5

"For the LORD is our judge, the LORD is our lawgiver, the LORD is our king; He will save us." -Isaiah 33:22
  • Options
    ? You don't. If the buyer is outside of Canada, they don't have to pay (Canadian) taxes.

To clarify the second scenario I gave:
    (I'm going to use $100 since it's a nice round figure)

1. Dealer pays $107 ($100+7% tax) for coins
    2.Dealer sells to American (or any address outside of Canada for that matter) for $103 ($100 for coin +$3 postage) +0% tax. (There's a difference between 0% tax and no tax)
    3.Dealer claims back the $7 in tax he paid (difference in tax collected in sale, and tax paid as part of his expense to obtain said coin/item)

So at the end, the end buyer pays $100, and the dealer breaks even, as he gets back the tax he/she paid, and the $3 spent on postage and packaging.
  • Options
    The dealer doesn't exactly break even if you consider his time and effort spent on being tax collector for Big Brother. That's called an unfunded mandate; the government forces the businesses to do its dirty work for it.

For that matter, the "0%" tax rate is nefarious and dubious to say the least, and implies that people or businesses are in debt to whatever extent the governers decide, and that they should be happy that their burdon is zero (but that is subject to change at any moment, at the whim of the government).

But thanks for the clarification, CCC!

imageimageimage
    .....GOD

• Options
    I just checked the RCM and they are going for $79.95 Canadian. I could not find any information anywhere on the site about added taxes or shipping costs.
    Sorry
    Becoming informed but still trying to learn every day!
    1-Dammit Boy Oct 14,2003

International Coins
    "A work in progress"

Wayne
    eBay registered name:
    Hard_ Search (buyer/bidder, a small time seller)
    e-mail: wayne.whatley@gmail.com
  • Options
    SYRACUSIANSYRACUSIAN Posts: 6,448 ✭✭✭✭
    That was an interesting point Jester.
    Dimitri

myEbay

DPOTD 3
  • Options
    Just ordered it. NO taxes. Regular ground shipping was about 13 bucks. Coincophussy will be happy!
  • Options
    Good news, coincop!!

imageimageimage
    .....GOD

• Options
    Yes it is! Cause when coincopwench ain't happy, ain't nobody happy!
  • Options
    Well, you can tell Coincopbabe that Jester says she has a great hubby!

imageimageimage
    .....GOD

• Options

<< <i>Well, you can tell Coincopbabe that Jester says she has a great hubby!

imageimageimage >>

I can't tell her that. She might quit seeing me!