Home World & Ancient Coins Forum
Options

A gift I received

My friend in Sweden sent this CV along with the three Goetz pieces. It is a 45mm Stockholm CV made by Alfred Olsson commemorating the 400th anniversay of something that occured in 1530. I know the city is older than that so it isn't a founding anniversary, perhaps askari can enlighten us. The piece is copper but the color didn't show well in this image.

Comments

• Options
    Nice details.
    Corrupting youth since 2004
  • Options
    1jester1jester Posts: 8,638 ✭✭✭
    It's really nice, Cache!!

imageimageimage
    .....GOD

"Ask, and it shall be given you; seek, and ye shall find; knock, and it shall be opened unto you." -Luke 11:9

"Hear, O Israel: The LORD our God is one LORD: And thou shalt love the LORD thy God with all thine heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy might." -Deut. 6:4-5

"For the LORD is our judge, the LORD is our lawgiver, the LORD is our king; He will save us." -Isaiah 33:22
  • Options
    coinkatcoinkat Posts: 22,795 ✭✭✭✭✭
    very cool. I like this and do not recall seeing one before

Experience the World through Numismatics...it's more than you can imagine.

• Options
    Very cool!
    So many coins, so little money!
    Ebay name: bhil3
  • Options
    Excellent!
    Bill

09/07/2006
  • Options
    Superb!, really nice imageimage
  • Options
    wybritwybrit Posts: 6,953 ✭✭✭
    Your friend has good taste in gifts.
    Former owner, Cambridge Gate collection.
  • Options
    AskariAskari Posts: 3,713
    WOW!!! What gorgeous colors -- and on a simply beautiful design!!! image

I'm not that big on Swedish history, but I think 1530 is when the Swedes, under Gustaf Vasa, rebelled from Denmark. I believe he's the one the famous old warship Vasa was named after -- that's the one that sank on its maiden voyage (it was top-heavy) and recovered, restored and now resides in its own museum.
    Askari

Come on over ... to The Dark Side! image
  • Options
    farthingfarthing Posts: 3,294 ✭✭✭
    I've seen the Vasa - a very impressive ship! The museum built to hold the Vasa tells it's story well, definitely a must-see if you ever are in Stockholm!

I spent more than 20 weeks working in the Stockholm airport in 95-96. A beautiful city to visit!
    R.I.P. Wayne, Brad
    Collecting:
    Conder tokens
    19th & 20th Century coins from Great Britain and the Realm
  • Options
    theboz11theboz11 Posts: 6,576 ✭✭✭
    When is the Giveaway , please enter me. Just beautiful!!!!!image