Home PCGS Set Registry Forum
Options

Registry Question about All Time Finest Sets

I was listed in the top 5 all time finest set list and subsequentially the current finest list, then I removed a coin from the set. After validating my set, I go to check the set page and I was dropped not only from the current finest list, but also the all time finest list. I can understand being dropped in the ranking for current finest top 5, but why was it dropped from all time finest?

morris <><
"Repent, for the kindom of heaven is at hand."
** I would take a shack on the Rock over a castle in the sand !! **
Don't take life so seriously...nobody gets out alive.

ALL VALLEY COIN AND JEWELRY
28480 B OLD TOWN FRONT ST
TEMECULA, CA 92590
(951) 757-0334

www.allvalleycoinandjewelry.com

Comments

• Options
    Which Set? If you're referring to the 65 SMS set, your set has NOT disappeared. It's now 10th on the current list & 10th on the all-time list. If you wanted to retain the top position on the all-time list you needed to DELETE your set (from the current list). You would then NOT be able to edit it anymore (I think).

Current All-Time

Hope that helped image
  • Options
    My assumption is you should have remained on the all time list regaurdless. Send Carol an email I am sure she can fix that for you.
  • Options
    dbldie55dbldie55 Posts: 7,719 ✭✭✭✭✭
    That is because the set is now missing a coin. The only way to have it still listed in the all time list is to delete the set while complete. At that point it will show complete in the all time finest list, but you cannot list any of the remaining coins again.

Collector and Researcher of Liberty Head Nickels. ANA LM-6053
  • Options
    "My assumption is you should have remained on the all time list regardless..."
    Confusing? Yes. Accurate? No. As long as it is a CURRENT set, then the ranking in the all-time list is based on the CURRENT composition of the set.

"...but you cannot list any of the remaining coins again"

Confusing? Yes. Accurate? No. I beleive you CAN list the coins again - IN ANOTHER SET. Take e.g. the IS Memorial set that was sold off recently. I personally listed SEVERAL of the coins that were in that set in my set, yet their set is still in the all-time rankings.

Confusing? Yes. I could be wrong? Yes. image
  • Options
    dbldie55dbldie55 Posts: 7,719 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Redcents,

Did you own the IS set? If not, then what you claim has nothing to do with what I wrote. If you have a set in the all time finest list, you cannot re-use those coins to create another set in the same category.

Collector and Researcher of Liberty Head Nickels. ANA LM-6053
  • Options
    tradedollarnuttradedollarnut Posts: 20,147 ✭✭✭✭✭
    That is correct. The cert numbers in the all time finest set combined with the set owner's ID would preclude that owner from ever listing those coins in another set in the same category. I ran into that problem when I listed the Sterling collection of Seated Dollars as a favor to the owner and then tried to use some of the coins in the Legend Collection after I bought the set.

Of course, you can always just have the coins regraded and get new cert numbers..........
  • Options
    "The cert numbers in the all time finest set combined with the set owner's ID would preclude that owner from ever listing those coins in another set in the same category"

I guess that's what I was trying to say but didn't make it clear about the new set having to belong to someone else (or to another "registrant" image ).

Of course I DID say "I could be wrong" image