Home PCGS Set Registry Forum
Options

Hey Lucy- I did it!

My local dealer had a complete of uncirculated Frankies but didn't know it was complete because it's an older Whitman album and 2 of the coins had slid out from their slots. I'm not a bald man fan but had to buy it because the 49-D, 51-P, 53-P, 54-S, and 55-P have a nice rainbow toning going on and he wouldn't break up the set for just the singles. I'm not good at grading them, but it looks like the only FBL's are 49-P, 49-D, 51-D, and the 54-D. I had to splurge because I thought $250 was a good price. Hope I meet with your approval. I'm still a Kenedy fan, but will upgrade the Frankies as I see fit, mostly with rainbows and/or FBL. Do they make any books with the proofs and MS Frankies? Thanks! Ray
You only live life once, enjoy it like it's your last day. It just MIGHT be!

Comments

• Options
    LucyBopLucyBop Posts: 14,004 ✭✭✭
    Be Bop A Lula!!! sounds like a nice score...... let me tell you, I have had some high grades come from Frankies pulled from albums with this type of toning.... My best score being a 61p ms65fbl....... I would love to see some images..... $250 is a great price.....
    imageBe Bop A Lula!!
    "Senorita HepKitty"
    "I want a real cool Kitty from Hepcat City, to stay in step with me" - Bill Carter
  • Options
    Ray , the coin albums marketed by Littleton have openings for both circulation strike and proof Franks.
    "Wars are really ugly! They're dirty
    and they're cold.
    I don't want nobody to shoot me in the foxhole."
    Mary

Best Franklin Website
  • Options
    raycycaraycyca Posts: 1,621 ✭✭✭
    Thanks Bushmaster! Maybe when I get back I'll try to sacn some photos Lucy. Ray

• Options
    Ray,

Now I catch you. It’s considered an act of high perfidy.

Edson
  • Options
    raycycaraycyca Posts: 1,621 ✭✭✭
    I'm sorry to both you Edson, and also other fellow Kennedy collectors! I must have been blinded by the old man's bald head's reflections! I just had to have the set because of the nicely toned coins. He wasn't ready to breakup the set yet because he didn't have time to look it over. He thought it wasn't complete because 2 of the coins fell out and were stuck on top of the other coins and the album had an extra spot so he thought he was actually missing 3 coins. Besides, I could probably sell it to some other bald freak like Lucy and make a profit so I could get more Kennedies. Please don't tell Lucy! LOL Ray

• Options
    LucyBopLucyBop Posts: 14,004 ✭✭✭
    hmmm......
    imageBe Bop A Lula!!
    "Senorita HepKitty"
    "I want a real cool Kitty from Hepcat City, to stay in step with me" - Bill Carter