Home PCGS Set Registry Forum
Options

1990-D Lincoln PCGS MS69 RD - SOLD!!

Thsi coin has been sold. Thanks for those of you that had meaningful input below.

Comments

• Options
    RussRuss Posts: 48,515 ✭✭✭
    What's the cert number? image

Russ, NCNE
  • Options
    DatentypeDatentype Posts: 1,677 ✭✭✭
    Russ the Cert # is $$$$$$/$$$$
  • Options
    The heck with the cert #, what's the price? image Also, is it the pop 1 or is it now pop 2 (or more?)?
  • Options
    I guess it's pop 2 now. Price, redC you have never stepped up to the plate on any of my coins greater than around $500-$600 to my recollection so I'd rather not discuss price with you. However you do have a n idea what it might go for based on previous discussions on big MS Memorials
  • Options
    wondercoinwondercoin Posts: 16,711 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mark: I will say this - REDCENTS decision to not "step up to the plate" certainly has nothing to do with his lack of funds image I split a 4 lb Lobster and 1 lb filet with him last night for dinner here in Dallas (along with RELLA who had his own meal - he hates to share anything having to do with food) and he wouldn't let either one of us pay our shares!! Thanks again Roger and Roger for a cool "coin" evening image

Wondercoin
    Please visit my website at www.wondercoins.com and my ebay auctions under my user name www.wondercoin.com.
  • Options
    Mitch, what's your wife gonna say?
  • Options
    Wow, someone alerted me to the 59 Lincoln in 7 that had sold for betetr than $3,500 with the juice on teleshill. By the photo, I don't even think it's a 7 and it pop 5 or so. This is a pop 2 coin and solid for the grade and I personally think any ms69 pre1999 is a much better coin than any memorial in ms67 except for maybe 1961-d, 1962-d, 1963-d, and 1973-s. My asking price is much lower.
  • Options
    "Price, redC you have never stepped up to the plate on any of my coins greater than around $500-$600 to my recollection so I'd rather not discuss price with you."

I'm sorry, but that's just not very nice, polite, or professional. image
    Since I HAVE "stepped up" for NUMEROUS coins GREATER than that price range - from other sellers - do you think it's me or you? image

"Offers?"

Here's my offer:

I will give you a 1973-D Lincoln in 67RD if you give me your 1990-D in 9 AND $2,250 in cash.

I'd also be willing to go $1,250 cash straight out for it. I'm sure others might want to pay more (Domino needs it e.g. & you know he'll pay the most - probably 2k or so) image

& oh yeah, if you agree, WHAT'S THE CERT #? image

Here's links to some of the prices alluded to on the Teletrade sale as well as some similar pop ones from Heritage:

Pop 5 59 67RD $3,630, Pop 3 60SD 67RD $3,630, Pop 2 69 67RD $3,450, Pop 3 92 69RD $1,495

Looks to me that a couple of grand premium is in order for the early one over the late one. image
  • Options
    I don't want to get involved in an edited tit for tat thread but what do you think has a better chance of holding it's value over time and possibly increasing in value as we approach the Lincoln Sentennial: a properly graded 1973-d in ms67 or a 1990-D ms69? Neither of these can be found in mint sets, which leaves only rolls and there are an abundance of 1970's rolls and very few 90's rolls in comparison. to be sure the 70's rolls run real crappy most of the time and it's very possible to hit a nice supply of 8's in the 90's (most dates) but the problem is with the 70's is an ms67 is a lot easier for a pcgs grader to pull the string on than a pre 1999 ms69, so i predict over time the pre 1999 ms69's are the better investment due to the greater chance of someone finally finding a nice 1970's roll with a run of 7's and 7's are just flat out easier to make than a 9 at pcgs. yeah it's apples and oranges in a way. i think it took 2,000 rolls or so to make the 73-d in 7 but that just means the rolls were running ugly and there is a huge supply. You'd be lucky to find a hoard of greater than 20 at a time of the 90-d's unless they are in a beat up mint sack. Anyway, i don't want to get involved inanother convoluted abusive thread but I just thought it would be fun to throw out a couple of facts.
  • Options
    Cool. No argument from me. You certainly might be right as you deal with this stuff more than me. My opinion was just based on recent sales I observed.

I do want to apologize if my first offer was worded ambiguously though. I am glad you rejected it since a couple of people told me AFTER I made it that it was a bad deal for me. image
  • Options
    That's just plain stupid! You are trying to draw me into another one - ain't gonna work bucko!
  • Options
    "That's just plain stupid! ... bucko!"

Again, not a very polite or professional choice of words. image

I'm serious Mark. If I worded it in such a way that you thought I meant something different I'm genuinely sorry to have wasted your time. image
  • Options
    cladkingcladking Posts: 28,351 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>a properly graded 1973-d in ms67 or a 1990-D ms69? Neither of these can be found in mint sets, which leaves only rolls and there are an abundance of 1970's rolls and very few 90's rolls in comparison. . >>

This is a disappointment and especially so since these two both come pretty nice on rare occasion
    in the sets. Are there very many other dates of the memorials that are found nicer in rolls?
    Tempus fugit.
  • Options
    CladKing, IMHO pre 1999 they all come nicer in the rolls overall. Good rolls are gard to find but when you do, that's where the 8's are. yeah you can find one here and there int he sets but it's cheaper to do rolls.
  • Options
    dbldie55dbldie55 Posts: 7,719 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Offers? >>

I will pay $10 for it.
    Collector and Researcher of Liberty Head Nickels. ANA LM-6053
  • Options
    dbldie55 sold, you can use the premium that you sell it for to try and buy yourself a personality.
  • Options
    Mark,

I can take that a couple of ways.

1) I don't care much for them, so it is not worth more than that to me. (I would pay no more for the 1973 either)
    2) If I did sell it, I would list if for $1 and let it go (another option you can use).

If you are offended by the offer, then don't spam this board with selling threads.
  • Options

<< <i>CladKing, IMHO pre 1999 they all come nicer in the rolls overall. Good rolls are gard to find but when you do, that's where the 8's are. yeah you can find one here and there int he sets but it's cheaper to do rolls. >>

Thanks for the information.

I don't have the experience with cents that I do with the clad coins. While I have looked at
    many rolls of cents, my luck in finding nicely struck gems simply hasn't been much better with
    these than in the other denominations. Seems like every time I find a gem it will have a poor
    strike. And the gems are few and far between.

The dimes and quarters don't exist in rolls widely enough for this to be a viable alternative.
    Definitely anyone desiring any of the modern sets must look at rolls and sets, but apparently
    the sets are less important with the cents.

Tempus fugit.
  • Options
    dbldie55

If you are so worried about the boards being spammed up why do you respond them all of the time with your usual comments and put them back at the top? I would not comment and just keep my comments to myself if this is a useless topic for you.

• Options
    Mark,

This board is nothing but a selling forum now anyways so who cares (it was actually created to be a selling forum). You asked for offers. I gave you one based on the value of what you were selling (to me). Why do you care? Accept it or reject it! Sell something meaningful, and the offer will be adjusted for it. Not everyone collects copper plated zinc coins. Most people will not even pick them up off the streets.
  • Options

<< <i>

Sell something meaningful, and the offer will be adjusted for it. >>

Most of us don't feel a compulsion to offer a small fraction of market value every time a
    coin is offered that we don't like. Most of us are actually able to accept the world the way
    it is whether we agree with it or not.

Good luck.

Tempus fugit.
  • Options
    Congratulations image