Home World & Ancient Coins Forum
Options

GOETZ: 2 of 6 Opus 537

Opus 537: PIERRE DE COUBERTIN, 1937. Cast AE, 90mm, The reviver of the Olympic Games on the occasion of his death in 1937. Rare.

Comments

• Options
    theboz11theboz11 Posts: 6,576 ✭✭✭
  • Options
    cool. excellent photography also
    So many coins, so little money!
    Ebay name: bhil3
  • Options
    laurentyvanlaurentyvan Posts: 4,243 ✭✭✭
    I have a feeling that photographing these wonderful pieces and showing them off to the plaudits of your peers is almost as much fun as finding and collecting them-how do you feel about paying for them?image
    I know, I know, it's only money...
    One of the penalties for refusing to participate in politics
    is that you end up being governed by inferiors. – Plato
  • Options
    Gorgeous patina!!!
  • Options
    cachemancacheman Posts: 3,113 ✭✭✭
    "I have a feeling that photographing these wonderful pieces and showing them off to the plaudits of your peers is almost as much fun as finding and collecting them-how do you feel about paying for them?
    I know, I know, it's only money..."

You are right about that...if it weren't for the people here I wouldn't have anyone to show these to since NO ONE I know has any interest in them. I will feel better when I get my cabinet to display the pieces in. Pulling each piece from a cardboard box and unwrapping them to view them takes most of the fun away.

Now about photography....there are good days and there are bad...mostly bad. I wouldn't want to do it for a living but it is fun to try and get the best shot possible. These bronze pieces are so much more forgiving than trying to shoot silver.

The money? Goetz is the most collected medallist in the world...I have no fear of a crash in value.
  • Options
    AskariAskari Posts: 3,713
    A very rare one indeed!! Nice catch, Cache! image
    Askari

Come on over ... to The Dark Side! image
  • Options
    NICE Medals!!
  • Options
    I have that 1983 ANS Medal by Jovine. Man I love looking at it!!