Home PSA Set Registry Forum
Options

Ticket grading still delayed

I have had a couple of full tickets in for grading since the Ft. Washington show in September. PSA was hoping to have the ticket holders developed by the end of October. Since I hadn't heard anything from them, I called customer service yesterday. They did some checking and said that holders for my size tickets (about 1 1/2"x 5") probably wouldn't be ready until December at best. They offered to send them back with a refund, or hold them until the holder was developed. I told them to hang on to them for now. They then called back to let me know the tickets would be inserted in a mylar sleeve inside the holder since the tickets are so thin. They wanted to be sure I understood what I would be getting so I wouldn't be dissapointed. While I don't like the mylar sleeves for cards, it would be nearly impossible for PSA to have a holder that would fit every ticket perfectly, since there is no standard ticket size. They don't want the ticket sliding around and getting damaged.

While I would like my tickets graded sooner rather than later, PSA is doing the right thing in making sure they can correctly holder them. And once again, I found their customer service very responsive.image
Always looking for high-grade 1958-62 Bell Brand and Morrell Meat Dodger cards.

Comments

• Options
    Apparently some orders (4078697) are being graded.
  • Options
    Those are the ones graded for Sportscards Plus back in June. My understanding is that they will grade tickets if they have an appropriate-sized holder. They told me the holders they currently have would be too wide for my tickets. The tickets I gave them were pretty standard-sized baseball tickets from the 60's.
    Always looking for high-grade 1958-62 Bell Brand and Morrell Meat Dodger cards.
  • Options
    I think it was late winter / early spring when this ticket grading program was announced. Too bad it has taken so long to get off the ground. I wonder if they will be using the "new holder" that Joe talked about at the National??????
  • Options
    qualitycardsqualitycards Posts: 2,811 ✭✭✭
    I would rather have them take their time and get it right. Then hurry the process along, to find there might be problems...jay