Home PSA Set Registry Forum
Options

1971 Rose PSA 9 - EBAY

Anyone want to venture a guess as to what this goes for? Now that Renaud has been filled perhaps this one could see a reasonable close?

EO

Comments

• Options
    RobERobE Posts: 1,160 ✭✭
  • Options
    acowaacowa Posts: 945 ✭✭

• Options
    BugOnTheRugBugOnTheRug Posts: 1,611 ✭✭✭
    so did Renaud get the one that was pulled from an ebay auction a month or 2 ago? I was curious what numbers ($$$$$) it might have brought..........

BOTR
  • Options
    6 to 8k is my guess.....
  • Options
    1420sports1420sports Posts: 3,473 ✭✭✭
    If I remeber correctly, the last on was pulled at about 9900. I think that Chris already has one of these. This one has a less than desirable back and I think that 6K is a good guess.

The Rose collectors are unpredictable however.
    collecting various PSA and SGC cards
  • Options
    mikeschmidtmikeschmidt Posts: 5,756 ✭✭✭
    It's always hard for me to predict if certain Rose heavyweights will bid! There are certainly a few of them that could use this upgrade....
    I am actively buying MIKE SCHMIDT gem mint baseball cards. Also looking for any 19th century cabinets of Philadephia Nationals. Please PM with additional details.
  • Options
    packCollectorpackCollector Posts: 2,786 ✭✭✭
    I know of one that went for 9k recently. I believe it was the auction that was pulled. The buyer is a big rose guy, so I know that card won't be on the market unless he gets a 10.
  • Options
    I paid $7,500 for the Rose privately (not through EBAY) - and I paid $5k for my Munson, which was perhaps a bit high or right but without the vagaries of EBAY and with knowing the seller
    Collector of baseball PSA sets from the 1970's & hockey rookie cards; big New York Rangers fan (particularly now that they are sleeping with the enemy with Holik and Kaspiritus). Also starting to collect 53 Bowman Color as I think they are the most beautiful cards I have seen.
  • Options
    I think the corners are a bit sharper on the card I purchased, but it is always hard to say with these scans
    Collector of baseball PSA sets from the 1970's & hockey rookie cards; big New York Rangers fan (particularly now that they are sleeping with the enemy with Holik and Kaspiritus). Also starting to collect 53 Bowman Color as I think they are the most beautiful cards I have seen.
  • Options
    The Rose I purchased was about nine months ago or so, if not more, and I was not involved at all in the last auction people are referring to
  • Options
    BugOnTheRugBugOnTheRug Posts: 1,611 ✭✭✭
    Chris,
    When you post your messages in a row, it looks like an air show................

About the Rose pictured above; while the front is beeeuuutifulll, the back center seems a bit smeared with that little mark to boot. I wonder how much that may affect the price?

BOTR
  • Options
    FBFB Posts: 1,684 ✭✭
    Chris,

I know where you got your Rose and I'm betting that yours is the nicest of the PSA 9 AND 10 bunch from 71.

EO - I'm betting that this goes in the $7500 range.

BOTR - You're dead on about the "airshow!"
    Frank Bakka
    Sets - 1970, 1971 and 1972
    Always looking for 1972 O-PEE-CHEE Baseball in PSA 9 or 10!

lynnfrank@earthlink.net
    outerbankyank on eBay!
  • Options
    mikeschmidtmikeschmidt Posts: 5,756 ✭✭✭

<< <i>I know of one that went for 9k recently. I believe it was the auction that was pulled. The buyer is a big rose guy, so I know that card won't be on the market unless he gets a 10. >>

PackCollector -- Don't bring up a sore point. The first Rose PSA 9 was purchased for $15,000? and was promptly bumped by PSA from 9 to a 10

;-)

Cheers
    I am actively buying MIKE SCHMIDT gem mint baseball cards. Also looking for any 19th century cabinets of Philadephia Nationals. Please PM with additional details.
  • Options
    packCollectorpackCollector Posts: 2,786 ✭✭✭
    sorry , MS . just for clarification , my meaning was that he would buy a 10 that came on the market. not by resubmitting the same card. I know he recently picked up several rose 9's from the 60's also at the national so some real high end 8's became expendable.
  • Options
    And of course, what '71 Rose thread would be complete without linking people's thoughts about the last "9" that was sold (the auction that ended early in September) ...

This one seems pretty nice to me, but I agree that Chris' is the best of the bunch (save the 9, um, I mean 10, that I haven't ever seen) ...

Robert