Home World & Ancient Coins Forum

Nappy III gold won- no thanks to my computer

I was bidding on three e-bay auctions that ended Sunday when my computer went belly up. It restarted but in safe mode only-wouldn't let me go online either. Lost two of the three auctions except this one- if the underbidder had gone just a little higher, it was his for the asking.

Napoleon III 5 franc gold
One of the penalties for refusing to participate in politics
is that you end up being governed by inferiors. – Plato

Comments

• 1jester1jester Posts: 8,638 ✭✭✭
    Well, I'm glad you got at least one of the three! I still like how cheap this old gold is compared to Lightside stuff.

imageimageimage
    .....GOD

"Ask, and it shall be given you; seek, and ye shall find; knock, and it shall be opened unto you." -Luke 11:9

"Hear, O Israel: The LORD our God is one LORD: And thou shalt love the LORD thy God with all thine heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy might." -Deut. 6:4-5

"For the LORD is our judge, the LORD is our lawgiver, the LORD is our king; He will save us." -Isaiah 33:22
  • I would agree with you on that jester. I see lots of darkside gold go on eBay for little more than melt. Of course a lot of it is not in the nice condition Laurent's 5 franc piece is, but still...
    Vern
    You want how much?!!
    NapoleonicMedals.org
    (Last update 3/6/2007)
  • spoonspoon Posts: 2,798 ✭✭✭
    Nice! imageimage
    I wanted to get some myself this weekend but... oh well. image
  • Shhhhhh !!! image C'mon now Vern - there's still lots of 'em out there I'm trying to buy - wanna tell the whole world ??? image
    knowledge ........ share it