Home PSA Set Registry Forum
Options

PSA 9 (OC) or PSA 8 NQ?

Fellas,

In general, is there any "rule" when it comes to choosing whether to purchase a PSA 9 WITH a qualifier vs. buying a PSA 8 with NO qualifier? I just opted for the higher priced PSA 9 (OC) '78 Molitor RC (which looks teriffic) vs. a PSA 8 NQ that I thought was "ok".

Thoughts and comments are appreciated.

Thanks,
Rick

Comments

• Options
    packCollectorpackCollector Posts: 2,786 ✭✭✭
    it is all up to what you want to collect. if you are looking for registry points, go with the psa 8 since the 9 oc will get a 2 grade deduction on theregistry. if you collect the cards, it is your preference. some people like 9 oc becasue of all the other mint aspects of the card as long as it is not to the point of being miscut. others prefer looking at the card with the better centering. In short, buy the card that has the better appeal to you. as for myself, I tend to choose based on a case by case situation.
  • Options
    uriwa - Although qualifiers can carry a stigma, there is one thing you can certainly say for a PSA 9OC. The card is Mint. The centering is the only issue. If you buy the card and not the holder, you will sometimes find an OC 9 with great eye appeal...especially if OC top to bottom or vice versa.
    All a matter of what you can be happy with. Collect what you like.
    RayB69Topps
    Never met a Vintage card I didn't like!
  • Options
    RobERobE Posts: 1,160 ✭✭
    I had a couple great looking 75 mini oc cards that were not oc l/t/r that look like really nice mint cards.