Home PSA Set Registry Forum
Options

PSA Submission Form Question

I posted a response to someone's question about PSA's Cross-over service on the Sportscards & Memorabilia Forum last night with a question of my own and there has not been any feedback. Here is the original thread. I didn't really expect to get any info from that forum, so I'll post my entire response here again:

Good question, Luckyguy.

I have always used the crack-out method. Recently, a friend of mine purchased a rare 1950's oddball issue in an SGC 92 slab that he wants to crossover for his collection. Although I am a die-hard advocate of cracking out the card in most instances, I think a crossover attempt for this card may be the best way to go, at least for a first attempt on a high dollar card.

PSA's submission form is so confusing if you are not experienced with different issues and crossovers, tallboys, etc. Looking at one of my submission forms, I'm not sure if I can submit one SGC graded card along with another 20 or so raw cards for grading or if I need to submit them separately. Also, is there an additional fee for crossover service? I know it is offered on all service levels other than bulk submissions.

Basically, my question is: if I have 20 vintage cards to submit, 19 raw and 1 SGC 92 for crossover, how do I fill out the form and what am I going to pay?

I think PSA really needs to make their submission forms, as well as their instructions on the website, much more user friendly. Maybe I'm too worried about following the rules and I should just submit everything together on one invoice, as some have suggested, but I'd like to know what is expected and I'd like to have it clearly stated on both the submission form and the website. I have submitted about 200 cards in the past few weeks, but that number would be a lot higher if I knew for sure what I could send in on each invoice.

JEB.

Comments

• Options
    jackstrawjackstraw Posts: 3,750 ✭✭✭
    jeb,
    i have never done it but i hope THIS might help.
    Collector Focus

ON ITS WAY TO NEWPORT BEACH, CA 92658
  • Options
    jeb,
    i am looking at a psa submission form and by the looks of it you would have to send in tall boys on a seperate sub. other than that i think you just check other and put cross over and 10.00. and all the regular stuff applies like return shipping . one more note put your minium grade in the variety column.

john
    Collector Focus

• Options
    John,

So, if I submit 19 raw cards under the Express service at $15 each, and 1 card for crossover and list it under "Other" at $10, do you think that will work? I'm not so sure. That's why I asked.

I am looking at a submission form right now - the new one that includes Ticket Grading in section 2B. Again, if I want to submit 19 raw cards under the Express service at $15.00 each and 1 card in an SGC holder for crossover, I don't know how to fill this form out since this is not an option. Do I pay $15 for the crossover as well? Do I pay $15 + $10 for the crossover? Do I need to submit the crossover on a separate invoice? The only mention of crossover on the entire form is this note - "Reviews & Crossovers are NOT available under the Modern, Vintage Common, or Modern Bulk Services". On the back of the form, it states that crossover service is available under the Economy, Regular, Express, Super Express and Walk-Through service levels, but again doesn't mention anything about cost or submission with other cards.

I'm still confused.

JEB.
  • Options
    jeb,
    i think you have to send reviews/crossovers in on a seperate submission form. you have never been able to mix it up like you want to do but i could be wrong.

john
    Collector Focus

• Options
    You are right: crossovers have to be on a separate submission form. I speak from experience.
  • Options
    If that's the case, I know I'll stick with the crack out and submit method. image

JEB.