Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

ever get excited over a 25 cent purchase?

coinkatcoinkat Posts: 22,808 ✭✭✭✭✭
I recently bought an unc. 1964-d Jefferson... I think it has a chance at Full Steps. Wouldn't that be fun to submit a coin that cost 25 cents?

Experience the World through Numismatics...it's more than you can imagine.

Comments

• Options
    One time I got exited over a ten cent purchase.I found a roosevelt dime with a clashed die that I bought from my friends change.
  • Options
    RussRuss Posts: 48,515 ✭✭✭

<< <i>I think it has a chance at Full Steps. Wouldn't that be fun to submit a coin that cost 25 cents? >>

For me, that is the very definition of fun in this hobby. Pick off something stupidly cheap and get a winner!

Russ, NCNE
  • Options

<< <i>Wouldn't that be fun to submit a coin that cost 25 cents? >>

Better yet 5 cents , I find good stuff all the time a work fresh out of bank rolls once found a dcam proof cent. got tons of silver stuff that way and a few really good errors.
    Rotten Rodney
    "There is a very fine line between "hobby" and "mental
    illness."
    Remember. ... First pillage, Then burn

• Options
    1jester1jester Posts: 8,638 ✭✭✭
    It IS the definition of fun in the hobby! I picked up a 1918-S Large S Philippine cent for about 25-30 cents last year; it's worth between $100 and $150.

imageimageimage
    .....GOD

"Ask, and it shall be given you; seek, and ye shall find; knock, and it shall be opened unto you." -Luke 11:9

"Hear, O Israel: The LORD our God is one LORD: And thou shalt love the LORD thy God with all thine heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy might." -Deut. 6:4-5

"For the LORD is our judge, the LORD is our lawgiver, the LORD is our king; He will save us." -Isaiah 33:22
  • Options
    RGLRGL Posts: 3,784
    Hmmm, 25-cent cherrypicks are tough ... how about a F 1914-D Buff out of a dealer's junk box?
  • Options
    melikecoinsmelikecoins Posts: 1,154 ✭✭
    I had to spend .75¢ for my 1972 double die Lincoln RB UNC.
    I thought that was a good deal.

Glen
    I don't buy slabs I make them
  • Options
    tjkilliantjkillian Posts: 5,578 ✭✭✭
    My wife found a 1795 large cent from a coin dealer's junk box and paid only a $1.00. Now Braddick is auctioning it off and I might be force to re-buy it for a lot more money.

Tom
    Tom

• Options
    roadrunnerroadrunner Posts: 28,303 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I bought an 1852 quarter (25 cent purchase) in Fine condition in the mid-1970's for $20. It was a great purchase considering it had an "O" mint mark on the reverse which was well hidden in some deep toning. That was my best "25 cent" purchase ever.

roadrunner
    Barbarous Relic No More, LSCC -GoldSeek--shadow stats--SafeHaven--321gold
  • Options
    I picked up a G 1885 V nickel out of a 25 cent junk box. Gave it away to a collector frind.
  • Options
    braddickbraddick Posts: 23,186 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I bought a two center off a bid board for $10. The owner had stated it was Unc. but lightly cleaned. He probably thought that because it has PL surfaces. It had PL surfaces because upon return of PCGS it was a PR63 R/B.

peacockcoins

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file