Home Buy, Sell, & Trade - U.S. Coins
Options

GOT SCRATCHES? Clear Up Those Scratched Slabs - READ WHAT FORUM MEMBERS HAVE TO SAY ABOUT SCRATCH A

SPECIAL 2 FOR $18.00 OFFER EXTENDED INDEFINITELY !!!! imageimageimage

What other forum members have to say about SCRATCH AWAY !!!!
___________________________________________________________________________________________________________

test drove the stuff, and I’m thoroughly satisfied
I give this 5 stars

Pontiacinf

Scratch Away is really amazing stuff. Bought a bottle and the difference is absolutely fantastic. Worth every penny. I plan on purchasing additional bottles. It's GREAT!!!
Tgilliams

I've used it 3 times and it works very good. Yep, I'm satisfied... the product is HepKitty approved!
LucyBop

Hi Steve;
I received your product today and immediately applied to 2 of my older slabs. I don't know what else to say but...LIKE WOW! It works! Thanks, I'm going to be slab happy all weekend...image

Razorface1027

I had this really scratched holder, it was almost hazy. I scanned it for you.
Then I bought and used "scratch away". You can see the results!!
Good stuff.

PS this comment is totally unsolisited.

Thebigeng

just got my scratch away today and this stuff rocks.. worth the money.now i can buy on ebay with out the fear of nasty scratched holders. thanks alot
Bbrewski

I'm sold on this stuff... dang it works well!
Airplanenut

I got a bottle of this stuff; and, I must say it really cleans up grungy looking slabs. I removed all the old paper stickers, scotch tape, goo, etc. It does take Lots of labor tho'. I even used it on the PCGS boxes, with amazing improvement.
Nankraut

This stuff works like a charm.image
TWQG

I have this nasty rash under my armpits. I itch and itch and itch. BuBa stops over da other day and sees me scratchen like a hound dogs with flees. I'm spinin around on the ground like Curly from the 3 Stooges. Then Buba hands me a bottle of Scratch Away. He says agentman (he calls me agentman, he's a hoot) try sum of dis under dem armpits of yours. Well low and behold ma armpits stop itching. I owe my life to Scratch Away.
agentjim007

Comments from other users:

It's kinda expensive, but it does work.
M.J.W., Plano, TX

SCRATCH AWAY cleaned up my slabs very well, but it didn't take out the deep cut from my son's pocket knife.
J. Sullivan, Annapolis, MD

SCRATCH AWAY does not cure the flu.imageimageimage
ABCDEFG., Seyoisfjordur, Iceland
____________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Scratch-Away is specially formulated to quickly and easily remove or reduce scratches and improve the appearance of scratched slabs. Not a miracle compound, but it does do a good job on most scratches. I have several dozen 1 oz bottles of the stuff (one bottle is good for about 50 slabs).

$12 / bottle including S&H. If interested send me a PM or email: switkowski@onebox.com

Special offer for Forum members - order by December 15, 2003 and get 2 bottles for only $18 - never an additional S&H charge!

Or visit: Scratch-Away

It's not cheap, but it works.image

P.S. Not recommended for "cleaning coins" or applying to body parts that are normally scratched. image

Comments

• Options
    pontiacinfpontiacinf Posts: 8,915 ✭✭
    push

why pay that kinda money when simple autopolish does the trick for 3-4 bucks?

Go BIG or GO HOME. ©Bill
  • Options
    PushkinPushkin Posts: 2,029 ✭✭✭
    Pontiacinf,

Some auto polishes do a fair to good job on minor to medium scratches - and some can actually harm the slab by giving it a permanent cloudy appearance. I personally believe that Scratch-Away does a better job, and in general it can significantly improve the look of most slabs - and it is safe for all slabs. I've had better luck with the stuff, but you do make a good point about some car polishes - but not all.

Scratch-Away will not completely remove deep scratches - sometimes a cloth polishing wheel and jeweler's rouge will come close to doing that. This stuff is not cheap, but it is convenient and it works well. I have another product that uses two different compounds, one to improve heavy scratches and the second to finish off the slab; Scratch-Away is a compromise. As for the cost, it comes down to about 25 cents per slab. I lose money selling it for less.

Anyway, thanks for the point and I agree that some auto products can help - others are real trouble. I believe this stuff is superior, but I'm not suggesting your hint is not worthwhile.

Thanks,

• Options
    sorry, I didnt think there was a difference image

Go BIG or GO HOME. ©Bill
  • Options
    that also explains why of mine appear that way.

guess its the only way ya find out.

now if ya can figure how to magically tone slabbed coins....

hey one can wishimage

Go BIG or GO HOME. ©Bill
  • Options
    ttt

This is good stuff! image

Thank you.
  • Options

ttt

This is REALLY good stuff!imageimageimageimageimageimage
  • Options
    BoomBoom Posts: 10,165
    imageFor the sake of equal opportunity air time, first let me say that we are all entitled to our own beliefs and we have the right to express those beliefs. We can agree to disagree without becoing defensive or offended! I am an animal lover...all animals-afterall, they are all God's creatures but permit me to tweak your brain while expressing My opinion! Cat's while cute and cuddly to some, cannot compare with the dog when it comes to loyalty with unending courage! A dog will protect you.A dog senses when things are not right and never seems to have a bad day! They love their owners once they have bonded..for life! If you died alone, your dog would literally lie down beside you, protect you and even die with you whereas the cat will eat you! This is a proven fact! I've owned pets of all sorts all my life! Each and every dog has it's own personality, just as people do!Think of all the great dog stories such as,"The Call of the Wild" and the many that legends are made of ! When was the last time you read a good novel or saw a good movie of the heroic acts of a cat? They are very stand-offish and just cannot compare with the dog in the intelligence or loyalty department. A good, well-trained dog is a site to behold while a cat, at best,will perform a few tricks when IT wants to and is NOT trainable or the least bit loyal! Every afternoon at exactly the same time, wild ducks show up at my back gate to be fed. They say animals don't think..I beg to differ. These wild Mallards and their hens show up without fail, everyday....not too shabby for an animal that can't think and will literally run or fly to me when I call them! Point taken?...Point made!! What this has to do with "Scratch Away", I haven't a clue! I guess it was the quote from one of my favorite authors that got me going....besides creative writing -taking off on any given tangent- is another of my "hobbies." In closing, I must concur with my favorite author as a young boy....of all God's creatures the cat is a slave to no lash!
  • Options
    Scratch-Away? Sounds like a Saturday Night Live skit.
  • Options

ttt

Happy Halloween!image

Got scratches, get Scratch Away! imageimageimageimageimage
  • Options
    ttt

Got scratches, get Scratch Away! imageimageimageimageimage
  • Options
    ttt

Make those UGLY slabs look better - finally SEE what your coins really look like ! Or maybe you don't want to know image. image

• Options
    i test drove the stuff, and im thoroughly satisfied image

I give this 5 stars image

my post

Go BIG or GO HOME. ©Bill
  • Options
    TTT

GET RID OF THOSE UGLY SCRATCHES!

SEE WHAT YOUR COINS REALLY LOOK LIKEimage.
  • Options
    TWQGTWQG Posts: 3,145 ✭✭
    paypal for 2 bottles sent.image
  • Options
    TEQG,

Thank you very much - I hope you become a satisfied customer. image
  • Options
    TTT for Monday

• Options
    ttt Wednesday

• Options
    ScratchAway is really amazing stuff. Bought a bottle and the difference is absolutely fantastic. Worth every penny. I plan on purchasing additional bottles. It's GREAT!!!
    PCGS sets under The Thomas Collections. Modern Commemoratives @ NGC under "One Coin at a Time". USMC Active 1966 thru 1970" The real War.
  • Options
    ttt

this is an unpaid plug, cause dis stuff is da bomb image

Go BIG or GO HOME. ©Bill
  • Options

ttt TGIF

See what those coins really look like!

This stuff actually works in most cases. image
  • Options

Fix up those slobs - Don't reslab before trying SCRATCH AWAY image

imageDeveloped by a collector for collectors!!!image
  • Options
    LucyBopLucyBop Posts: 14,004 ✭✭✭
    ttt
    imageBe Bop A Lula!!
    "Senorita HepKitty"
    "I want a real cool Kitty from Hepcat City, to stay in step with me" - Bill Carter
  • Options
    ttt behind da frankies

Go BIG or GO HOME. ©Bill
  • Options
    ttt

• Options
    ttt Tuesday image

imageimageimageimageimage

imageWE LOVE SCRACH AWAY ............... WE LOVE SCRATCH AWAY.............WE LOVE SCRATCH AWAY.............. WE LOVE SCRATCH AWAYimage
  • Options
    TTT Wednesday image

What other forum members have to say about SCRATCH AWAY !!!!

test drove the stuff, and I’m thoroughly satisfied
    I give this 5 stars

Pontiacinf

Scratch Away is really amazing stuff. Bought a bottle and the difference is absolutely fantastic. Worth every penny. I plan on purchasing additional bottles. It's GREAT!!!
    Tgilliams

I've used it 3 times and it works very good. Yep, I'm satisfied... the product is HepKitty approved!
    LucyBop

Hi Steve;
    I received your product today and immediately applied to 2 of my older slabs. I don't know what else to say but...LIKE WOW! It works! Thanks, I'm going to be slab happy all weekend...image

Razorface1027

Comments from other users:

It's kinda expensive, but it does work.
    M.J.W., Plano, TX

SCRATCH AWAY cleaned up my slabs very well, but it didn't take out the deep cut from my son's pocket knife.
    J. Sullivan, Annapolis, MD

Scratch-Away is specially formulated to quickly and easily remove or reduce scratches and improve the appearance of scratched slabs. Not a miracle compound, but it does do a good job on most scratches. I have several dozen 1 oz bottles of the stuff (one bottle is good for about 50 slabs).

$12 / bottle including S&H. If interested send me a PM or email: switkowski@onebox.com

Special offer for Forum members - order by December 15, 2003 and get 2 bottles for only $18 - never an additional S&H charge!

Or visit: Scratch-Away

It's not cheap, but it works.image

P.S. Not recommended for "cleaning coins" or applying to body parts that are normally scratched. image
  • Options
    ttt

Happy Thanksgiving! image
  • Options
    Ya'll are ALL way off the cuff. For 20+ years since anacs slabs the deal is a 5 oz tub of vaseline. A dab on the front a dab on the back. Take thumb and do a very similar car wax job by taking thumb up and down,criss/cross,side to side and circular motions,etc and *POOF* the scratches,even most of the really deep gouging ones are *POOF* gone. Take a wrap or 2 of soft charmin or other tissue ans simply buff like you would a hand car wax job. RESULT: clear non hazed,super cleaned up slabs,best posssible. NOTHING,I REPEAT,NOTHING WORKS BETTER. Cost $1.49 a tub and will do at least 500 slabs or more. (or hell just swipe the gals stuff and use it for free when you need it. Heh, you live and learn. $12 bux+ for 50 slabs,hell that makes a batch of that stuff cost $120 or so for what which a buck fifty will do 10 times more slabs AND a far SUPERIOR job. MOST slab producers of certain markets and most knowledgeable dealers have used it exclusively for decades. Must be a jar in at least 1000 dealers items of needs and supplies that stays readily on hand or the slab shelf. Word spoken. Wise up folks,common sense prevails.
  • Options

<< <i>NOTHING,I REPEAT,NOTHING WORKS BETTER. >>

1. Since you haven't tried the other products - I know you haven't tried Scratch Away - you are just giving an opinion - not stating fact.

2. Vasoline - petroleum jelly - contains sulfur compunds as does many car waxes - and they can turn your slabs yellow over time if not completely removed quickly - just as petroleum jelly has been used to AT coins - the process is speeded up by using petroleum jelly with additional sulfur added - also known as Deller's Darkener!

3. Old wife's tale are fun to tell, but when the plastic starts to turn yellow you just might regret your advice.

4. Thank you for coming into a BST thread and dumping on a product that you haven't tried and know nothing about. But, of course, BS is free. image

5. Vasoline is GREAT for helping cats pass hair balls and curing constipation in humans. image

As I've stated in other threads, less expensive alternatives that work well are Novus No. 2 and Novus No. 3, both are recommended since one works on heavy scratches and then the other takes care of the finer scratches. Displex is a good product, but it is very expensive. Jeweler's rouge and a buffing wheel will also work, but it takes some time to set up. Extremely fine abrasion (sand) paper will also work if done carefully - best followed by a polishing cream.

I'm not afraid of the competition - but if you want to risk playing with sulfur compounds, well, don't say you weren't warned. I save the petroleum jelly for hairballs.

Regards,

Pushkin
  • Options
    keep putting vaseline on those puppys...petroleum breaks down just about everything

including plastic

Go BIG or GO HOME. ©Bill
  • Options
    ttt
    PCGS sets under The Thomas Collections. Modern Commemoratives @ NGC under "One Coin at a Time". USMC Active 1966 thru 1970" The real War.
  • Options
    ttt

Hope you all had a GREAT Turkey Day! image

I've used Scratch Away on plastic eye glasses with good results - but it takes some rubbing. image
  • Options
    ttt for SCRATCH AWAY image
  • Options
    ttt image
  • Options
    imagetttimage
  • Options
    ttt
  • Options
    ttt for Wednesday image
  • Options
    ttt imageimageimageimage
  • Options

ttt imageimageimageimageimage
  • Options
    ttt
  • Options
    top of the Suday to all of you image
  • Options
    ttt imageimageimageimageimage

Try SCRATCH AWAY on your watch crystals!
  • Options
    ttt for Wednesday image
  • Options
    ttt
  • Options
    ttt
  • Options
    my bottle keeps on giving...i resurected some old capital holders with it...they look great image

Go BIG or GO HOME. ©Bill
  • Options
    ttt
  • Options
    ok already send me 2 bottles..does pontiacinf
    Expert Collector get a cut of the profits.hay put this on the card forum we get scratches on our holders to...hate the scratches..image
  • Options
    imageimageimagetttimageimageimage

Good stuff - NOT CHEAP!image