Home PCGS Set Registry Forum
Options

The rare and elusive Kennedy business strike CAMEO.

Comments

• Options
    DMWJRDMWJR Posts: 5,975 ✭✭✭✭✭

Not an SMS????
    Doug
  • Options
    DatentypeDatentype Posts: 1,677 ✭✭✭
    soooooo that's not an sms??
  • Options
    RussRuss Posts: 48,515 ✭✭✭
    Nope, coin number is for the business strike. SMS coins are part of the proof set.

Russ, NCNE
  • Options
    wondercoinwondercoin Posts: 16,716 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Why do collectors chose to place clearly erroneous coins in their registry sets just to fill tough holes? Does the coin make the set more impressive, or do you assume the entire set is a possible problem set when you see this? Someone should write the owner and tell him to correct his problem slab IMHO.

Wondercoin
    Please visit my website at www.wondercoins.com and my ebay auctions under my user name www.wondercoin.com.
  • Options
    RussRuss Posts: 48,515 ✭✭✭
    Quit whining. At least they aren't getting a cameo bonus. image

Russ, NCNE
  • Options
    I'd like to see a photo of that baby!! image
  • Options
    LucyBopLucyBop Posts: 14,004 ✭✭✭
    all this ruckus over a Kennedy!

Phooey!
    imageBe Bop A Lula!!
    "Senorita HepKitty"
    "I want a real cool Kitty from Hepcat City, to stay in step with me" - Bill Carter
  • Options
    raycycaraycyca Posts: 1,621 ✭✭✭
    At least Kennedy had hair! Just kidding. I don't think it's the owner's fault. I think PCGS should also be part to blame because they allowed the coin to be registered in the set. In the past, when I've accidently tried to enter a coin that didn't fit into the slot, PCGS rejected the coin and gave me an error message. Ray
    You only live life once, enjoy it like it's your last day. It just MIGHT be!

• Options
    Schmitz7Schmitz7 Posts: 751 ✭✭✭
    You mean all along that the 1971 NO S nickels could have been included in my mint state set as MS69 Deep Cameo?? image
  • Options
    Steve27Steve27 Posts: 13,274 ✭✭✭
    That's better than the ms64 1921 Morgan which was miss-slabbed by PCGS as a peace dollar. It sold for about $100, so assume it's now in someone's registry set.
    "It's far easier to fight for principles, than to live up to them." Adlai Stevenson