Home World & Ancient Coins Forum
Options

My Britannias (supersized images)

Yesterday in the mail I found a bunch of Britannias from a board member. For the coins it was my task to image them to the best of my abilities for this person's website and presumably eBay auctions as well.

I hope he's happy with them. image

Comments

• Options
    Excellent job.image
    Bill

09/07/2006
  • Options
    theboz11theboz11 Posts: 6,576 ✭✭✭
  • Options
    laurentyvanlaurentyvan Posts: 4,243 ✭✭✭
    I love that 2000 issue but I just can't get behind that 2003 (although it's the nicest image of one I've seen) image
    One of the penalties for refusing to participate in politics
    is that you end up being governed by inferiors. – Plato
  • Options
    Wow! Great photos.
    Vern
    You want how much?!!
    NapoleonicMedals.org
    (Last update 3/6/2007)
  • Options
    I didn't really distort the image of the coin in making these this time like I did the previous Canadian 25¢ coin.

I suddenly remembered I had lamps I used for my old drafting table around in a box somewhere and using those I set up a mini studio and made the lights attack the coin at two different angles. This gave me ample light to work with. But the next challenge was the camera- it reflects on the surface of the coin along with my fingers sometimes. To beat this I made a black card with a hole in it for the lens and a white card with a hole in it. Using the black card worked great for proof coins but on the glossy surface of the 2001 and 2003 it was a big black mess so I used the white card and got some good results but you have to play with the darkness of the lens in such a manner that it's not so apparent that it is the reflection of the lens.
  • Options
    AskariAskari Posts: 3,713
    I'll take them ... and the photos they road in on!!! image
    Askari

Come on over ... to The Dark Side! image
  • Options
    My customer is happy image
  • Options
    Thanks Darkhorse!!! I am thrilled with the results! Your photography skills are second to none!

1999 Silver Britannia (my personal favorite!)
    My eBay Auctions

Silver Eagle Coin Company Website
    Silver Chinese Pandas, Canadian Maple Leafs, Australian Kookaburras, Mexican Libertads, and Austrian Philharmonics NOW AVAILABLE at Excellent Prices!
  • Options
    trozautrozau Posts: 3,455 ✭✭✭
    Great pictures of great looking coins. image
    trozau (troy ounce gold)