Home World & Ancient Coins Forum

VTS - Canadian Large Cents

Here's something to start this thread, after spoon's idea.

1916, UNC. Now let's see what all you've got...

We ARE watching you.

Comments

• spoonspoon Posts: 2,798 ✭✭✭
    Just a reminder: I'm gonna steal your pictures for the website unless you say no! image

(Credit will be given, but let me get back to you on gathering that info once the foundation's down.)
  • JohnZJohnZ Posts: 1,732
    My pictures aren't worth stealing, but if you want 'em, you can have 'em.

We ARE watching you.

• MacCrimmonMacCrimmon Posts: 7,051 ✭✭✭
    PEI Cent - do Maritimes count?

imageimage

Steal 'em . . . bad pics anyway. image
  • Very nice cents, JohnZ and MacCrimmon.

Do you know what grade your PEI cent would be, Mac? Just curious image

• 1jester1jester Posts: 8,638 ✭✭✭

imageimageimage
    .....GOD

"Ask, and it shall be given you; seek, and ye shall find; knock, and it shall be opened unto you." -Luke 11:9

"Hear, O Israel: The LORD our God is one LORD: And thou shalt love the LORD thy God with all thine heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy might." -Deut. 6:4-5

"For the LORD is our judge, the LORD is our lawgiver, the LORD is our king; He will save us." -Isaiah 33:22
  • MacCrimmonMacCrimmon Posts: 7,051 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Do you know what grade your PEI cent would be, Mac? >>

NGC graded it MS64RD. I agree with that assessment as it's nice for a 64, it has 'hard' PL surfaces with no marks worth mention. I would imagine it is downgraded for the very light print on the obv.....at least that's my take.
  • Well, if this works here is a sort of Canadian, sort of large cent imageimageimage
    So many coins, so little money!
    Ebay name: bhil3
  • No idea of the grade on this. I picked it up on the bank of the Atnarko (sp?) river when I was eleven. My uncle was fishing for salmon and I was bored so I started digging around and this popped up:

Vern
    You want how much?!!
    NapoleonicMedals.org
    (Last update 3/6/2007)
  • Elverno,

From what I can tell from the scan, it looks like an AU to MS60 Brown to me.

Nice coins, everyone image

• Here's a nice unc 1936 Newfoundland cent from my collection.

Please excuse the poor pics that my scanner took. I have to take these out of the 2 X 2's or get a digital camera.

Bill

09/07/2006
  • JohnZJohnZ Posts: 1,732
    That's a beautiful token, cosmic. I have several of them in both penny and half-penny denominations, but none of them as nice as yours. I love the devices - even more so than many of the "official" pennies.

We ARE watching you.

• I got lucky with this one. I found it in my local dealers World Coin junk boxes. It is a great coin with really high relief.
    Bill

09/07/2006