Home World & Ancient Coins Forum
Options

help!

I have a coin that I can`t find any information on and was wondering if someone, anyone on here could help me with it? I have scanned the Obverse and Reverse of the coin, you can see the images here. Any and all help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance
Mike

Comments

• Options
    Look in Thailand if you have a Standard Catalog of World Coins. I'm at work and they frown on me keeping coin refs here.
  • Options
    PERFECT!!!!!!! Thank you so much, I found a website where it shows how to read the date and have discovered it is a 1965, 1 Bat (whatever that is, lol), with King Bhumibol (Rama IX) on the obverse. I have searched for years now and have never found any info on it, I can`t thank you enough!

Mike
  • Options
    Actually, thius copper-nickel 1 Baht coin (100 satang=1 Baht) has a Buddhist Era date of 2505 which corresponds to 1962. Over 883 million of this type coin was minted 1962-82 without a date change. You might also try a library for a copy of the Standard Catalog of World Coins for pictures, values and lots more interesting info.
    Brad Swain

World Coin & PM Collector
    My Coin Info Pages <> My All Experts Profile
  • Options
    cachemancacheman Posts: 3,113 ✭✭✭
    Welcome Mike, Stick around...you'll be amazed at what you can learn here! Scott
  • Options
    oldshepoldshep Posts: 3,240
    Welcome labrat40...I hope this one coin has just peeked your interest and you stick around for more.image
    Shep
  • Options
    AskariAskari Posts: 3,713
    Welome, Labrat40!!image
    Askari

Come on over ... to The Dark Side! image
  • Options
    Thank you one and all for your replies, I have been into coin collecting most of my life and came accross this one coin about 12 yrs ago and have never really tried to find out anything about it until just recently so I searched and searched then found this board and figured I`d give it a shot, well ALL of yall have really gone over my expectations! I really figured that I would get some kind of null response but you all proved me wrong and I just can`t thank you enough for the info. I have several other foreign coins but nothing of any value. Used to have a pretty good US coin collection but had to sell it due to health issues but have kept all my foreign coins.

Once again, thank you ALL for your responses.....
    Mike