Home World & Ancient Coins Forum
Options

how many different countries do you have?

I own coins and paper from about 65 different countries. A lot of them I got when my brother lived in Asia and my sister lived in Europe. Most of them I personally know the person that went to that particular country!

Comments

• Options
    160 or so. This is counting places like Czeckoslovakia that have gone thru several name changes.
  • Options
    DoubleDimeDoubleDime Posts: 619 ✭✭✭
    I have coins from 437 places around the world. This isn't just countries but also states, provinces and cities as well.
  • Options
    About 10 countries, but mostly US and Canadian, and some British. I have one from almost every Canadian province, though.

• Options
    cachemancacheman Posts: 3,113 ✭✭✭
    6, but I only actively collect 2 of those.
  • Options
    laurentyvanlaurentyvan Posts: 4,243 ✭✭✭
    194 without breaking down city states, provinces, or republics. Slightly over 200 if I count incoming coins not received.
    Actively collecting France, French Colonies, and Great Britain within the several coins per country format.
    One of the penalties for refusing to participate in politics
    is that you end up being governed by inferiors. – Plato
  • Options
    farthingfarthing Posts: 3,294 ✭✭✭
    Just over 300 counting States, Provences, and cities.
    R.I.P. Wayne, Brad
    Collecting:
    Conder tokens
    19th & 20th Century coins from Great Britain and the Realm
  • Options
    PBRatPBRat Posts: 1,324 ✭✭✭
    One country, one denomination.
  • Options
    mongoosemongoose Posts: 589 ✭✭
    600 different issuers for Countries, States, Kingdoms, Provinces, Princely States, Protectorates, Colonies, Free Cities, Territories, Leprosariums, and a few fantasy "Countries". I also have about 100 monetary reform issues for those 600 that I don't count.
    Joe
  • Options
    laurentyvanlaurentyvan Posts: 4,243 ✭✭✭
    What do you have in Leprosariums-haven't seen one, always wanted to. The pics I've seen show utilitarian coins without much attempt at beauty (understandable I guess) but they are fascinating, given their origins.
    One of the penalties for refusing to participate in politics
    is that you end up being governed by inferiors. – Plato
  • Options
    mongoosemongoose Posts: 589 ✭✭
    I have Lazareto Series(3 locations in Colombia), Maracaibo (Venezuela), Isla De Providencia (Venezuela), and Culion (Philippines).

I'd like to add Palo Seco, Cabo Blanco, and a Japanese Leprosarium issue to my collection...any spares?image
    Joe
  • Options
    I also have a few leprosarium pieces from Colombia, Maracaibo and Isla De Providencia. Got any Culion extras?
    Dave (Laz) on Error World has, so he says, the top collection of its kind in the world of these pieces.

Where is that list of countries that was made up a while back? Thought I had a copy but...
    Brad Swain

World Coin & PM Collector
    My Coin Info Pages <> My All Experts Profile
  • Options
    89 countries, all dating between 1789-1815.

That had been bothering me all day so I had to go count... image
    Vern
    You want how much?!!
    NapoleonicMedals.org
    (Last update 3/6/2007)
  • Options

<< <i>Where is that list of countries that was made up a while back? Thought I had a copy but... >>

Check my sig line. This is the latest that I have from Joe.
    I'm not afraid to die
    I'm afraid to be alive without being aware of it

• Options
    danglendanglen Posts: 1,674 ✭✭✭
    I sell a box of 178 coins from 178 countries for $80. Anyone interested can PM me for details image
    danglen

My Website

"Everything I have is for sale except for my wife and my dog....and I'm not sure about one of them."
  • Options
    About 300 if you only count by country and not the changing types of government or name changes.
    Brad Swain

World Coin & PM Collector
    My Coin Info Pages <> My All Experts Profile