Home PSA Set Registry Forum
Options

How long will Teletrade be down?

I noticed that Teletrade has been down for at least a WEEK if not longer. Anyone with info?

Teletrade® Sports Card Auctions

Carlos

Comments

• Options
    dstudebadstudeba Posts: 215 ✭✭
    I talked to them about a week ago. They returned all the cards to the consignors and gave me the impression that it wouldn't be up for a few months.
    Search and Track Auctions Automatically

Collectable
  • Options
    carkimcarkim Posts: 1,166 ✭✭
    Email from Teletrade

Thank you for signing up to receive Teletrade's Newsletters on
    Sports Cards.

Please bear with us while we develop a new and exciting auction format.
  • Options
    Months...WOW
  • Options
    Months? WOW that is amazing. One would think that they would just use the old site until a new one would be ready. Taking it down for months is a sure fire way to lose a following!

• Options

I think the reason for the change is what mrc32 stated. The customer base has been down over the last year or so...
    The selection had been very inconsistant. PSA cards went from 90% of their inventory down to about 20-30%.
    SGC cards were everywhere.

I stopped buying every week. I've bought 3 or 4 cards this past year, they were modern cards for my MVP or Cy Young sets. I spent maybe $60.00-$80.00 this year.

I suspected something was going on at teletrade about 6-8 months ago. I won a card on ebay and the check out brought me to the teletrade site. I bought from teletrade on ebayimage

mx'er

He had no date available as of Friday when they would resume.

What shocked me was that the auctions they had planned they stopped cold, like they decided at the last second they had to go or something;
  • Options
    GriffinsGriffins Posts: 6,076 ✭✭✭
    <<he midst of moving from Kingston NY to California somewhere.>>

Great, 15% juice, consignors can bid on their own cards, and now 8.25% sales tax added on. Guess I won't miss them after all!

Always looking for Topps Salesman Samples, pre '51 unopened packs, E90-2, E91a, N690 Kalamazoo Bats, and T204 Square Frame Ramly's

• Options
    19541954 Posts: 2,866 ✭✭✭
    Hopefully they will be down forever.

Looking for high grade rookie cards and unopened boxes/cases
  • Options
    dstudebadstudeba Posts: 215 ✭✭
    Griffins -

If I recall correctly you already had to pay sales tax in CA, NJ, and NY.

1954 -

I got the feeling that could be a possibility.

NOW ONE OF YOU TWO SEND ME A JABLONSKI!
    Search and Track Auctions Automatically

Collectable
  • Options
    19541954 Posts: 2,866 ✭✭✭
    Dan,
    I will once I get an upgrade.

SL
    Looking for high grade rookie cards and unopened boxes/cases
  • Options
    murcerfanmurcerfan Posts: 2,329 ✭✭
    I got my Jablonski off Teletrade.

I'm still paying for it, apparently image

Now wrap your mind around the irony of that one!

• Options
    GriffinsGriffins Posts: 6,076 ✭✭✭
    I had to hang out in a Burbank bowling alley to get my Jablonski. Dan, you just haven't suffered enough yet to get one.

Always looking for Topps Salesman Samples, pre '51 unopened packs, E90-2, E91a, N690 Kalamazoo Bats, and T204 Square Frame Ramly's

• Options
    I had to pay $500+ for my raw EX example, (Jablonski) and the yo-yo sent it in a flimsy holder inside a thin, barely padded envelope.
    Miraculously it made it from Calif. to Mich. without getting creased.
    (.....clean livin') (to quote Satchell)

This card was destined from day one to be ruined.

Dan, you've got years of hardship before you'll get your story of anguish. Better start singing the Wilson Franks blues.
    Murcer....start us out with the first verse......

(note: all blues songs start out with, "I woke up this mornin'....)

Edited twice to say "no more C.R. sips"
  • Options
    Teletrade is still down...Any new news?
  • Options
    shagrotn77shagrotn77 Posts: 5,566 ✭✭✭✭
    From what I hear Teletrade is caput. This should come as no surprise. Look at the crap they were selling for the past year or two. Plus they are part of a larger company run by the 'intelligence challenged'.
    "My father would womanize, he would drink. He would make outrageous claims like he invented the question mark. Sometimes he would accuse chestnuts of being lazy. The sort of general malaise that only the genius possess and the insane lament. Our childhood was typical. Summers in Rangoon, luge lessons. In the spring we'd make meat helmets. When we were insolent we were placed in a burlap bag and beaten with reeds - pretty standard really."
  • Options
    Yeah, it's a bummer. I used to get something every month. They had a decent amount of raw and PSA graded stuff. Then, in the last few months before they went away, I noticed that their inventory hadn't changed much and the quality of the cards were dwindling.

Oh well. I certainly won't miss the CA sales tax either!
  • Options
    MantlefanMantlefan Posts: 1,079 ✭✭
    I too will miss them. Chalk it up to the power of EBAY.
    Frank

Always looking for 1957 Topps BB in PSA 9!