Home PCGS Set Registry Forum

A.R.S. Collection (Mercury Dimes) Reach 94%!

Well it took some doing, but I am over 90%. I need these five coins to complete the set.

1919-S, 1924-S, 1925-D, 1927-S, and 1928-D.

After those coins are added, I would like to upgrade this list to MS (low end like 60 to 63). 1921, 1921D, 1925-S, 1926-S and 1927-D. (I may move on these ealier if something comes along.)

I am not sure if I will ever be able to update the 1916-D to unc, but I can dream...

The overdates, would be the last coins to upgrade (if I ever do.) The 1942/41 was a gift from my wife, and one of only a handfull of coins I kept when I sold off my collection in 1980.

Tony

President, Racine Numismatic Society 2013-2014; Variety Resource Dimes; See 6/8/12 CDN for my article on Winged Liberty Dimes; Ebay

Comments

• marcmoishmarcmoish Posts: 6,249 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tony,

your doing nicely, and evidently having a grand time at it too.... so congrat's and keep it up imageimage

Marc
  • FairlanemanFairlaneman Posts: 10,417 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cool Tony.

Don't forget about your 4 Free submissions you get for being over 90%. I know where a 24S that appears to be MS is here in Portland. Its not certified so I by-passed the coin. Seems how I am not working now I could go look at it again if you wanted. Its Toned though. image

Also if you would buy my 28D for a outrageous amount of money I could buy the one I have been watching for 2 years. imageimageimage

Ken
  • fcloudfcloud Posts: 12,133 ✭✭✭✭
    Ken,

I could have used the four free ones about two months ago. The three added coins are all from a submission in August.

<< <i>I know where a 24S that appears to be MS >>

I'm chicken. I passed on a gem 20-D, just because!

<< <i>28D for a outrageous amount of money >>

Outrageous?

Mark,

I am having a blast! Thanks.

Tony

President, Racine Numismatic Society 2013-2014; Variety Resource Dimes; See 6/8/12 CDN for my article on Winged Liberty Dimes; Ebay

I just sent my four free ones in Friday. This submission could be very interesting. It will for sure let me know how PCGS is grading stuff now.

One could be Body Bagged for Tone.... I would not be suprised. You guys saw this coin here. Its the 16S with the great strike.

Another could go anywhere from AU58 to MS64. I say the coin is 62/63.

Another should be MS66FB but I will bet you anything it does not get above 65 because its totally original and does not have the Flashy Dipped look.

The other is a minor error coin from the Mint that if they do not look at it closely they will Bag it for cleaning. If that happens I will Scream Loudly. image

Ken
    Ken,

I don't know if I could come up with two coins to send in right now, let alone four. I will probably wait a while before requesting the freebies!

Keep us posted on your grades.

My last group in included the 1918-S (Was ANACS 63), 1926-S (Was PCI) and a raw 1920-D (this one was graded AU58--I picked one up from DLRC about a week or so ago and it arrived just in time for me to upgrade the AU).

Tony

Cool... the 18S went straight across. The Anacs coins I had scared me a little. I thought I saw things that would not let most of them cross straight. Just Ebayed the things and came out pretty good on the bunch.

Some Anacs coins do very well though... case in point my 25S which bumped up from Anacs MS63 to PCGS MS64FB. I did have one that went down one point and it was a 18S. That was when PCGS was in one of the Strict phases. image

Ken

Ken,

So far I am four for four on ANACS coins.

1931 MS63FSB to MS63FB
    1918-S MS63 to MS63
    1936 MS64FSB to MS65FB
    1931-D (cent) MS62RB to MS64RB

I thought ANACS was more conservative than PCGS!

All broken out of the cases and sent raw. Same for you?

Tony

• remumcremumc Posts: 1,270 ✭✭✭
    Congratulations Tony!

If I upgrade something that will help you, I'll let you know. I have 14 Mercs submitted at PCGS. Should know on 4 in about a week. I'm hoping for 2, maybe 3 upgrades for my set out of this submission. The other 10 are on economy, so it will probably be around Christmas before I hear on them.

Regards,

Wayne
    Regards,

Wayne

www.waynedriskillminiatures.com
  • PTVETTERPTVETTER Posts: 5,915 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tony,

good job your should be very proud of your collection and the way it has grown.

pat
    Pat Vetter,Mercury Dime registry set,1938 Proof set registry,Pat & BJ Coins:724-325-7211