Home PCGS Set Registry Forum
Options

I need one more Roosey 1982 no P

I have almost completed the clad Roosey set. I need just one coin to finish it and will probably buy it next month. This will be my third complete registry set and will start on the silver very shortly. I want to thank all of you guys who helped me you know who you are. Fred

Ps any help with the link would be appreciated #5

Comments

• Options
    StoogeStooge Posts: 4,650 ✭✭✭✭✭
    You have a wonderful set Mistercoinman, keep up the good work and good luck on that 82-NO P.

Paul.

Later, Paul.
  • Options
    I have not even seen a 82 no P
    Good luck finding one

Glen
    I don't buy slabs I make them
  • Options
    fcloudfcloud Posts: 12,133 ✭✭✭✭
    Cool set.

Congrats and good luck with the 82!

President, Racine Numismatic Society 2013-2014; Variety Resource Dimes; See 6/8/12 CDN for my article on Winged Liberty Dimes; Ebay

• Options
    I picked up my 82 NO P (strong strike) on Ebay and they are for sale there often. Mine's a PCGS MS66 that I got for $200. I've seen 'em in Coin World for as high as $600 in 66. Of course if you want a higher grade than 66 it's gonna be tougher to locate.
  • Options
    MistercoinmanMistercoinman Posts: 1,810 ✭✭✭
    Thanks Waldo, there are two up now I have my eye on them. I will not buy it until next month I have exhausted my budget for this month.imageimage
  • Options
    I picked one up in Long Beach but I'm afraid I just sold it.
  • Options
    cladkingcladking Posts: 28,356 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm surprised the higher grade NMM's are as available as they are. There was little
    apparent interest in these when they were located in Sandusky, Ohio. I saw about
    300 specimens that should have constituted a good sample less what the finders of
    the coins saw fit to retain as a speculation or as a souvenir. Seemingly these would
    be very close to the same distribution in quality as all the stong strikes made. Only a
    few would be in the gem category and only two were choice gem or better.
    Tempus fugit.
  • Options
    goose3goose3 Posts: 11,471 ✭✭✭
    HEY cladking!
    those were found about an hour from me at an amusement park that my wife and kids go to a couple times a month!

I know of a guy/dealer that knows the guy that had/has? the original hoard of them.
  • Options
    MistercoinmanMistercoinman Posts: 1,810 ✭✭✭
    Hey Cladking,

There is about 400 in 66 and 80 higher. They are not as rare as some of the early sevenities stuff but are about 3 times the cost of a 1970 p in 66 which is more scarce. I guest they slabbed them all and there is not a lot out there to make your own, so what can you do but purchase one if you want to finish the set. I have recieved about 5 e-mails from people who want to sell me the last coin I need. I will definitely purchase one I MUST.
  • Options
    The man's name escapes me right now but he had the "major" coin shop in town. He
    believed there were actually a few major hordes (though the one was much bigger
    than the others)(still being advertised extensively?). He said many people in town were
    scouring their coins and bringing them in. There were few retail buyers, just accumulators
    and speculators. Many of the bags containing these coins had been in the possession of
    Cedar Point amusement park and had been returned to the banks at the end of the 1982
    season. Many of the large horde coins came from this source and other bags which were
    located by this individual. Apparently he found them in December and if memory serves it
    was February before Numismatic News broke the story. These coins have been getting dis-
    persed for many years now. It would be interesting to know what hordes still exist. It
    would be interesting to know if the coins I saw were a representative sample or not.

I should have stuck around town a few days to see if I could dig up more of these, but was
    in a rush at the time and had to get back home for work.
    Tempus fugit.
  • Options
    BTW; Looks like a very nice set Mrcoinman.
    Tempus fugit.
  • Options

<< <i>Hey Cladking,

There is about 400 in 66 and 80 higher. They are not as rare as some of the early sevenities stuff but are about 3 times the cost of a 1970 p in 66 which is more scarce. I guest they slabbed them all and there is not a lot out there to make your own, so what can you do but purchase one if you want to finish the set. I have recieved about 5 e-mails from people who want to sell me the last coin I need. I will definitely purchase one I MUST. >>

Thanks for the info. What I saw was either not a representative sample or
    my grading still needs a little tweeking. The coins didn't miss gem because
    of marks, it was strike. Only one of the obverse strikes was full, and reverses
    were not a lot better. A few of the coins showed light wear.

There were some coins which appeared to be struck from dies approaching mid
    die state. These coins are still being found in circulation and I saw a VG offered
    once.
    Tempus fugit.