Home PSA Set Registry Forum
Options

BOSTON SHOW...10/31 - 11/2......Roll call......

Hey members.....

Who's going to the Boston Show the last weekend of the month ???

I'll be there Fri. and Sat..I'll start at Setbuilders table and slowly "cherry pick" in a clockwise motion...LOL ........

Hope to meet a bunch of the Registry guys... Any plans for a "get together dinner"??

Cheers!!!

Larry
I LOVE FANCY CURRENCY, pretty girls, Disney Dollars, pretty girls, MPC's, ..did I mention pretty girls???

email....emards4457@msn.com

CHEERS!!

Comments

• Options
    Friday for me KIng! See you there!
    RayB69Topps
    Never met a Vintage card I didn't like!
  • Options
    Larry,
    i will be following you (in the shadows) on both days. good thing we will not be after the same cards. i normally will do a complete walk through then do a more detailed search counter clockwise from the door. i will leave my name at a couple tables. looking forward to meeting people from the area.

what about a 'break' if i remember correctly the show has a large room/bar(not open) area where people can sit and snack.

leave the 1970 topps for me image

Chris K
  • Options
    FBFB Posts: 1,684 ✭✭
    Make sure when you guys report back on Monday that the show was a God, awful bust....

This will help make the rest of us feel better about missing it...

Ray - I don't wanna hear about a 69 PSA 9 Ferraro that you picked up for $75
    Larry - same goes for you and the 72 Schaal In Action 9 for $100
    Chris - same goes for you and ANY 1970 mint raw find

Frank Bakka
    Sets - 1970, 1971 and 1972
    Always looking for 1972 O-PEE-CHEE Baseball in PSA 9 or 10!

lynnfrank@earthlink.net
    outerbankyank on eBay!
  • Options
    Really wish I could go but that weekend is just not feasible.... Pledge Sunday at Church ( I am Stewardship/Pledge Chairman) .... Halloween for the Kids..... Just a tough weekend... But I am curious How does this show compare with the Fort ..... Is there a web site where I can look up info on it? Thanks Jeff
    Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass... it's about learning to dance in the rain.
  • Options
    Lux...

Here 'ya go Jeff...

www.gbscc.com . Maybe you could link it up for the rest of the guys...

Pretty big show, from what I understand....250 dealers (a lot of National guys...)

Setbuilders is buying all the beer (Ooopps..) I mean Setbuilders is the designated place to meet and he should buy us all a beer......haimage

Bust out of NJ for a day, grag Bakka, and head north for some fun...

Larry
    I LOVE FANCY CURRENCY, pretty girls, Disney Dollars, pretty girls, MPC's, ..did I mention pretty girls???

CHEERS!!
  • Options
    King - Do you know at what facility this show is actually held? Address; directions? The website you gave really doesnt say.
    RayB69Topps
  • Options
    packCollectorpackCollector Posts: 2,786 ✭✭✭
    Shriners Auditorium
    99 Fordham Rd, Wilmington, MA 01887
    (781) 665-5725

From boston 93 N to exit 39
    8: At exit 39, turn RIGHT onto Ramp 0.1 miles
    9: Keep RIGHT to stay on Ramp 0.0 miles
    10: Bear RIGHT (East) onto Concord St, then immediately turn LEFT (North) onto Fordham Rd 0.3 miles
  • Options
    Boston Show Link

Here is the link.... for those interested.... Jeff
    Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass... it's about learning to dance in the rain.
  • Options
    murcerfanmurcerfan Posts: 2,329 ✭✭
    The show is really not IN Boston, rather a good ways north of Boston up near Metheun (sp).
    ....It is worth a 4-5 hour drive in my opinion.

as I recall there are direction signs once you find the exit, but you gotta look for 'em.

edited to remove wrong directions from the GBSCC show...opps
  • Options
    packCollectorpackCollector Posts: 2,786 ✭✭✭
    murcer fan, those are the directions to the wrong place, It is at the shriners. 93 north right off exit 39. hope everyone can make it
  • Options
    my bad.

i did a cut and paste from the web-site without studying it, thinking it useful.
    it did look a little funny...come to think of it.
    thanks for catching it.

Of course we could just send all the "K" collectors on a goose chase image

anybody that wants a map can click here
  • Options
    murcerfan....

Everybody knows that K collectors don't chase geese....

or collect goose eggs ( 0 ).......

We only chase the 10's..image

Larry

CHEERS!!
  • Options
    raym8raym8 Posts: 150 ✭✭✭
    I'll be there on Friday when it opens. This is the one show I look forward to each year, though it has gone down
    siginficantly in quality, imo, over the past few years. But on the bright side, as soon as you walk in the auditorium,
    you can sell your cards for pennies on the dollar to Mr Mint...lol
  • Options
    I have decided that I will go Friday as well as Saturday.
    It's always such a great show and since it's the biggest one of the year that's around here, I always look forward to it, as well.
    Since year was the first time I attended the National, this show seemed to come up a lot quicker than before, though.

Dave
    sellerman23
    1965 Topps
    1975 Topps
    1952 Topps
    HOF
  • Options
    carkimcarkim Posts: 1,166 ✭✭
    Could someone who is attending the show look for these two cards for me?

1972 Topps Football

147 PETE GOGOLAK
    179 BOB TRUMPY

PSA 8 NQ or higher, or raw (mint and centered)

My email address

It has been a while since I've been to a show, although I hope to make the Tri-Star show in Cleveland Nov. 7-9 at the IX center.

Carlos

• Options

Carlos,
    I'll add the 2 cards to my short list. I'll be at the door Friday, early. I live about an hour and half from the show.

John/mx'er

I might go up to it, but I'm not certain. I live in downton Boston, so for me to get up there involves having to take the commuter rail and a cab (having a car in Boston is more of a bane than a boon), plus I'm trying to save $ for the Toronto Expo in November. Anyone know if BMW will be there? It might sway me to go if they are going to be there. image
    Who is Rober Maris?
  • Options
    Well...It looks like a fair turnout of board members so far....Just talked to 1420sports and he said he's tying his best to make it also.....

So........

Because everybody seems to be there on Friday.....Let's all have some dinner together!

I was lucky enough to sit in at the dinner during the Nationals, and it was a HOOT!!!

Anybody know a good place to eat??? Works best if there is a "side" room, where about a dozen guys can relax...

Ahhhhh... The cards...the crew.....the chow..........(the beer...mmmmm....)

Any thoughts???

Larry

CHEERS!!
  • Options
    Hotel preference or ideas??

anybody get nearby with priceline ?? if so what city and offer did ya use ??
  • Options
    Larry,
    Friday night for dinner may be tough. for me i have to get back to the house in time for trick-or-treating. (we set up a haunted house and like scaring the kids) Saturday will be my day with no time limits.

Chris
  • Options
    King - I concur. The Nationals Dinner was top rate. I have a 4 hour drive back home Friday night so I am afraid a dinner doesnt work for me this time. I wil look out for you at the show. Wil you be wearing the crown? :-)
    Look for me with the Blue and Orange 69" Cap.
    RayB69Topps
  • Options
    1420sports1420sports Posts: 3,473 ✭✭✭
    Larry, you can always skip the Boston show and go to the Fort instead ... image
    collecting various PSA and SGC cards
  • Options
    murcerfan...

I don't know anything about the city layout. As near as I can tell, I'm about half way between Logan International and the show in Willmington MA.

I went to priceline.com and got a great rate at The Amerisuites Boston (Medford) ($50.00 per the 3 nights I'll be there, and $176.96 total for all the taxes and etc...)

MikeSchmidt might be able to help to as I think Harvard is close.

I'll also have a rent a car, so we can cram in and go for good 'vittles. I'm open...

Larry

CHEERS!!
  • Options
    CrissKK

No problem...No one says we can't all get together Sat. also....

(maybe we'll all go to your house after the show...I'll scare the crap out of those little monsters...hee..hee...)

We'll do something....

Ray...I'll have my radar on for that cap!!!

Larry

CHEERS!!
  • Options
    Would like to be there but can't afford to be 500 miles from home the weekend before the election. Perhaps I can make the Fort, so maybe someone can take roll call when that gets closer..... Have fun!!!!
  • Options

<< <i>Would like to be there but can't afford to be 500 miles from home the weekend before the election. Perhaps I can make the Fort, so maybe someone can take roll call when that gets closer..... Have fun!!!! >>

Steve,

I thought you were running uncontested? image

JEB.
  • Options
    as i recall, the show is pretty much out in the burbs.
    i remember staying an exit or two away last time.
    Harvard square must be an hour away.

anways, It'll be Halloween.........
    ... and I'm thinking about going as Don Zimmah.

• Options
    1420sports...

Hey Neal...

Whatta' 'ya say "WE" make both shows?????

It'll be a hoot!!!

(I still have a gift for you left over from the National...I think you were 'gettin hitched at that time.....I'll bring it to Boston...Hope you can make it...)

Larry

CHEERS!!
  • Options
    JEB - As a matter of fact I do remain unopposed. As the saying goes however, there are only two ways to run: unopposed and scared, and it's still best to run scared! The point is however, that it would not be perceived well were I to take a long distance holiday the weekend before the election, and personally I would not have a good time anyway because I have a lot of organizational stuff to attend to during the final days.

Right now I am organizing poll workers, etc.. and that stuff eats up time like nobody's business. Besides, I can still conduct tons of Hobby bidness thru the 'net! Anyway, I am thinking about coming to the Fort in Dec, especially if there is a possibility of getting a strong lineup of registry folks together for a Friday night dinner! It's a five hour-plus drive for me, but I'll do it if a good crowd can be assembled.

• Options
    Hmm ... I am going to be in Boston that weekend ...

www.vintagebasketballcards.info
  • Options
    RayBShotz -

I'll look for you on Friday. I have some left over Raw 69's from the National, maybe we can trade?

See you then.
    - Jeff
    1981 Topps in PSA 9+
    RAW sets from 55 to 85.
  • Options
    Jeff - I am devoid of any trading material at the moment but will certainly look forward to seeing you again.
    RayB69Topps
  • Options
    Well it's 5:30 am here in Portland, and just ready to fly 3000 miles to the Boston Show (man, my arms will be tired...ba.da.bing...)

See everybody there!!!

Best

Larry

CHEERS!!
  • Options
    I will have a table at the show. I sell supplies and acrylic display cases for autographed items. Not sure where I am in the room, but stop by and say "hello". Can't miss me. Any board member gets a 10% discount off any display cases. I would like to put a face with the names I see here on the message boards. Oh, also I bought out a closeout on Ray Borque signed 16x20 in Bruins uniform. They will be $35 each ! Have a great show there and find lots of nice cards !