Options

Bank wrapped roll of 1976 bicentennial quarters

Does anyone know about what they are worth? They are up for sale

Comments

• Options
    ttt
  • Options
    Ten Bucks!
    Proud to have fought for America, and to be an AMERICAN!

No good deed will go unpunished.

Free Money Search
  • Options
    lordmarcovanlordmarcovan Posts: 43,217 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Maybe a little more than face value, to the right party.

Explore collections of lordmarcovan on CollecOnline, management, safe-keeping, sharing and valuation solution for art piece and collectibles.
  • Options
    I bid 11 bucks!
    Paul in Pine Hill
    ----------------------------------------
    My ebay auctions

• Options
    cladkingcladking Posts: 28,351 ✭✭✭✭✭
    They wholesale at $13.
    Tempus fugit.
  • Options
    MadMartyMadMarty Posts: 16,697 ✭✭✭
    They sell for $15 shipped, sounds like your having a garage sale. When you get to proof sets let me know!!!
    It is not exactly cheating, I prefer to consider it creative problem solving!!!

• Options
    Yep, cleanin out the junk, ill let you know
  • Options

<< <i>They sell for $15 shipped, sounds like your having a garage sale. When you get to proof sets let me know!!! >>

I have a bicentennial proof set .... an Ike, a Kennedy, and a Washington. I dont remember what I paid for it or what its worth. I cant find it in the coin guides I have looked at.
    Paul in Pine Hill
    ----------------------------------------
    My ebay auctions

• Options
    Current bid on the three piece proof set is $18. There can be
    some varieties in these and very high grade do command premiums.

These come very nice so don't get too excited.
    Tempus fugit.
  • Options
    DeutscherGeistDeutscherGeist Posts: 2,990 ✭✭✭✭
    I collect all bicentennial quarters that I see. I also look out for the silver quarters too. I own a vending machine, so that is how I search for them. Are they even worth anything? They are in circulated condition.
    "So many of our DREAMS at first seem impossible, then they seem improbable, and then, when we SUMMON THE WILL they soon become INEVITABLE "- Christopher Reeve

BST: Tennessebanker, Downtown1974, LarkinCollector, nendee
  • Options

<< <i>I collect all bicentennial quarters that I see. I also look out for the silver quarters too. I own a vending machine, so that is how I search for them. Are they even worth anything? They are in circulated condition. >>

Large numbers of the '76 quarters were hoarded in rolls and bags. Over the years many of
    these have been put back in circulation but the coins are still quite common in unc. Like most
    coins of the era the typical unc is poorly struck and marked up. Finding gems can be a little
    problematical and there is little evidence that collectors have been seeking the better grade
    coins. The finest examples are very PL with satiny surfaces. While they can be found in both
    the '75 and '76 mint sets they are much more common in the '76.

There is also a nice DDO for the Denver issue which is elusive and valuable.

It is still quite easy to find AU's and even Uncs in circulation due to the very low velocity of this
    particular issue. Other coins from this time period have long been gone from circulation in AU
    and are getting quite hard to find in XF.
    Tempus fugit.
  • Options
    xbobxbob Posts: 1,979
    I sold my own personal pocket change hoard of 600 bicentennial quarters ($150) on eBay. Final went for arounnd $195. I guess that's pretty good for circulated coins. I had been putting them aside since 1976.

I used the sale to get a graded PCGS slabbed bicentennial of each type and mint mark.
    -Bob
    collections: Maryland related coins & exonumia, 7070 Type set, and Video Arcade Tokens.
    The Low Budget Y2K Registry Set
  • Options
    fishcookerfishcooker Posts: 3,446 ✭✭

The only time I ever got a silver quarter in circulation was about 12 years ago - when a vending machine refused to accept it.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file