Home Buy, Sell, & Trade - U.S. Coins
Options

Stolen Coins $ 5,000 Reward

$5,000 Reward for Stolen Coins

Two traceable lots were stolen following Heritage’s Central States Numismatic Society Signature Sale in St. Louis, in May of 2003.

Lot 7565: 1915-S Panama-Pacific 50 Dollar Round
Last seen in an MS63 NGC holder, NGC Cert ID: 39045502

This example was quite lustrous with appealing color and no notable impairments, but a few wispy hairlines on the obverse. The coin can be identified by 1) specific lintmark on first I in PACIFIC; 2) small toning spot above second T in STATES; 3) the pattern of marks on the rims, clearly visible in the enlargeable color photographs on the Heritage Numismatic Auctions website at: http://www.heritagecoin.com/hnaiphoto300.asp?318001196.

NO QUESTIONS ASKED REWARD: $4500

Lot 6102: 1875 Twenty Cents Last seen in an old generation PR63 PCGS holder, PCGS Cert ID: 5303.63/9186999.

This nearly untoned coin was nicely frosted, and would qualify for Cameo designation if reholdered. Note 1) two shallow, parallel contact marks near Liberty’s shin; 2) three light marks in right obverse field near Liberty’s arm; 3) light toning steak below eagle’s beak; all clearly visible in the enlargeable color photographs on the Heritage Numismatic Auctions website at: http://www.heritagecoin.com/hnaiphoto300.asp?318001206

NO QUESTIONS ASKED REWARD: $500

If you encounter either coin, please contact (for shipping instructions and your reward):
Robert Brueggeman, PNG Executive Director
Tel: (760) 728-1300
Fax (760) 728-8507
email: info@pngdealers.com

Jon Lerner - Scarsdale Coin - www.CoinHelp.com

Comments

• Options
    7summits7summits Posts: 316 ✭✭
    Jon / Robert,
    Wouldn't it be better to offer the reward for information leading to the arrest and conviction of the thief of these coins? If you reward only one person for returning either coin, you only have one person interested in the reward. If you reward someone with information, you might have several people interested in collecting. Just an observation.
    Good luck in your efforts to get your coins back.
  • Options
    LincolnCentManLincolnCentMan Posts: 5,347 ✭✭✭✭
    I think that would pretty much eliminate any possibility of the theif selling it back. The goal may be just to get the coins back.

David
  • Options
    ChrisRxChrisRx Posts: 5,619 ✭✭✭✭
    I don't mean to bump an old post, but how did this one turn out?
  • Options
    lavalava Posts: 3,286 ✭✭✭
    Wow, that is an old post.
    I brake for ear bars.