Home PCGS Set Registry Forum
Options

To put pictures with your post, there are a few things you will need to know.
1. Go to the top of the screen where it say's navigation. Click on customize and click WYSIWYG editor to NO.
2. When you Post or reply to a post, you should see 14 Icons on top of the open message text.
3. The fourth Icon should resemble a picture frame with a mountain in the picture.
4. This is the IMAGE icon. You will use this to place images on your post or replies.
5. Upload your images on the PCGS site, This is the easiest way to get pictures posted.
6. Getting your pictures on your post or reply from the PCGS site requires you to do this.
A. Click on the IMAGE icon.
B. Type in the IMAGE BOX http://forums.collectors.com//attachments/
C. After typing that in type in your file name exactly as it appears! Ex. 1913buff67o.jpg
D. You then have in the box line of the IMAGE http://forums.collectors.com//attachments/1913buff67o.jpg
E. Hit enter, This puts [img]http://forums.collectors.com//attachments/1913buff67o.jpg[img] on your post
F. Click on preview to make sure you got the file name right. If you did, your picture will appear in a separate box. If you did it wrong, you will get a white box with red X in it.
G. If everything went okay, you can put text in. BTW you can put text in before the picture, and or after the picture.

For Newbies, To upload a picture to PCGS.
On the bottom of the screen where you post or reply, you see a square the says Attach File(s).
Click on this and you see a browse button. Click on the Browse button and choose the picture file you want to upload to PCGS. The file has to be smaller than 50kb or it won't accept it. Click on the file you want, then click Open. After doing this you will notice an upload button on the right of the screen.
Click it. You will see your file load to the PCGS site.

This ought to get you going. Remember if you delete a file from your upload box, that image will no longer be seen wherever you posted it. Don't post just anything. This will clog PCGS's servers. Okay, Get to sharing!!

If you have any questions, Please PM me or Email me.
***** Please Do Not Post To This Post!! It Will Slow Up Dial-Up Members!!! Thank You!! *****
Glenn

Comments

• Options
    Hi, question here, my pics all bigger than 50 and wont upload? i am new to this and could use some advise, how do you make them smaller? thanks,daveimage
    Ebay Seller I.D
    the_northern_trading_company
    ace@airadv.net
    imageimage
  • Options
    Open your picture with your software picture and save it as a smaller object by resizing it. For example, I use the olympus software and my pictures are always over the size limit. I resize the image to a smaller size then save the "Shrunken" picture. Same thing with my scans, just resize to smaller dimensions.

Rich
  • Options
    How do i change my icon..I don,t want to be a crab any more.
    I want to be a Pennieimageimageimage
    Zorman
  • Options
    Thanks, I'm new also and that is just what I have been looking for. My pictures are all too large also.
  • Options
    PCBUM

imageimage
  • Options
    eternally in your debt. many thanks,

scott
  • Options
    You should not need to make all pictures smaller in image size to post them. You need to compress the file size. Most software nowadays allows you to set the amount of jpeg compression for a smaller file size without making the image size smaller. The more you compress it the more image quality you loose as an example here is an image that is 400 X 400 pixels. The first one was saved at medium/high quality settings and is 49k. The second image still 400 X 400 pixels was saved at low quality and is 18k.

imageimage
    Bill

09/07/2006
  • Options
    pontiacinfpontiacinf Posts: 8,915 ✭✭
    dats a cool coin indeed image

Go BIG or GO HOME. ©Bill
  • Options
    pontiacinfpontiacinf Posts: 8,915 ✭✭
    wow i just read about compression, no wonder i have no luck..now i know what to do in photoshop..

tanks bill

Go BIG or GO HOME. ©Bill
  • Options
    cosmicdebriscosmicdebris Posts: 12,333
    You're welcome. I just won that one in the Heritage Long Beach Auction. So it is not my image yet it is Heritage's that I cropped.
    Bill

09/07/2006
  • Options
    HTubbsHTubbs Posts: 4,138 ✭✭✭
    Good advice!
  • Options
    USCGCraigUSCGCraig Posts: 1,005 ✭✭
    Many thanks for the tips. My camera takes pretty intensive high meg pictures and always wondered how to "crop" them down.
    Coast Guard Craig

Looking for Denmark 1874 20-Kroner. Please offer.
  • Options
    Carew29Carew29 Posts: 4,026 ✭✭
  • Options
    imageimage

Can you see these? I can't, but maybe it's because my webserver is sitting here with me behind the NAT.
  • Options
    If anyone wants me to host a picture for them (no size limitation) I'd be happy to. Then you'll be able to post the pic without any restriction on the size.
  • Options
    saintgurusaintguru Posts: 7,724 ✭✭✭
  • Options
    Michael
  • Options
    bonkroodbonkrood Posts: 796 ✭✭✭
    Can you change the picture above your sign in name to something you upload?image
    image Steam Power
  • Options
    How do I change the photo on my member icon??
    If you have a moment, please check out our E-bay auctions.
    our e-bay auctions

• Options

<< <i>How do I change the photo on my member icon?? >>

Upload it on Jan 15.
  • Options
  • Options
  • Options
    thanks a lot for the help i willl get on it
    bronc88 on yahoo messenger and kicknit58 on EBAY