Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

Good pics of the cabinet in its new home, with felt and most importantly....Coins!!

coinlieutenantcoinlieutenant Posts: 9,305 ✭✭✭✭✭
Good pics to show perspective and what the drawers actually look like and their quantity.
Cant tell you all how excited I am about this thing!!! Wish more members were close by to see it in person...

Enjoy!!

Comments

• Options
    Neat!! image

Did you make it or buy it?
    Collecting eye-appealing Proof and MS Indian Head Cents, 1858 Flying Eagle and IHC patterns and beautiful toned coins.

“It ain't what you don't know that gets you into trouble. It's what you know for sure that just ain't so.” Mark Twain
    Newmismatist
  • Options
    ms70ms70 Posts: 13,946 ✭✭✭✭✭

That is such a nice cabinet. What was it originally made for?

Great transactions with oih82w8, JasonGaming, Moose1913.

• Options

• Options
    I bought it yesterday.

It was made for what it is being used for right now!! Coins!!. It is an antique coin cabinet circa early 1900's (about 1910).

First one that I have seen after looking for 6 months...
  • Options
    sumnomsumnom Posts: 5,963 ✭✭✭
    That is amazing! Where did you find it?
  • Options
    Nice cabinet!! How about some dimensions and some more detailed pics of the drawers? I know my dad can make one of those...(for his "favorite" son image )
    "I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, I won't be laid a hand on; I don't do these things to other people, I require the same from them."
  • Options
    StuartStuart Posts: 9,761 ✭✭✭✭✭
    CoinLieutenant: A very nice looking coin cabinet. Thanks for sharing the photos with us.

I think that you may sparked a new furniture business for coin collectors... image

Stuart

Collect 18th & 19th Century US Type Coins, Silver Dollars, $20 Gold Double Eagles and World Crowns & Talers with High Eye Appeal

"Luck is what happens when Preparation meets Opportunity"
  • Options
    airplanenutairplanenut Posts: 21,908 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Burgundy felt! Wahoo! image

Not PVC, right? image
    JK Coin Photography - eBay Consignments | High Quality Photos | LOW Prices | 20% of Consignment Proceeds Go to Pancreatic Cancer Research
  • Options
    dorkkarldorkkarl Posts: 12,692 ✭✭✭
    SENSATIONAL!!!

K S
  • Options
    Very sweet! Hell of a find.
    Today's mighty oak is just yesterday's nut that held its ground.
  • Options
    gripgrip Posts: 9,962 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Any history that went with it?A peace of Art.Al
  • Options
    Came from an estate in Carmel, CA
  • Options
    Super nice and classy looking! Been looking for something like this for years. The "modern" ones look and feel cheap.

Can I award a "You Suck" for a non coin item? image
  • Options
    Strategically placed wedding picture on top so that wifey won't get jealous/pissed of your great furniture find....

"But honey...it's an antique..." image

I' am quite jealous...I order you as a superior officer to give it to me...image
  • Options
    CDR,

Strangely enough she actually suggested that we move the furniture that was there in order to put the cabinet in that set up. She really likes the cabinet too!!!!

John
  • Options
    Cool! image

And because I know dorkkarl is too afraid to ask but wants to know... can you fit slabs in it?
  • Options
    RYKRYK Posts: 35,788 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Very nice. My coins are regrettably in the not-so-nice inside of a Bank of America safety deposit box. image
  • Options
    Robert,

My nice coins are too... Only some circ barbers in there now...

John
  • Options
    pontiacinfpontiacinf Posts: 8,915 ✭✭
    nice coins, even nicer is ya put it right by the front door for an expediary exit image

Go BIG or GO HOME. ©Bill
  • Options
    jdimmickjdimmick Posts: 9,596 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thats a neat cabinet,

My wife loves woodworking projects. Ill see if I can get here to make one.
  • Options
    Very cool LT. I see the wifey made you put the wedding Pic on top. Guess she wants you to remember her from time to time, while you are drooling over the ladies in the cabinet.

That cabinet was a good score.

I hope that you have insurance for your coins, alarm system and perhaps video. If I were a thief ( I am not). I would just pick up the cabinet and run. I only say this as food for thought.

Bulldog
    Proud to have fought for America, and to be an AMERICAN!

No good deed will go unpunished.

Free Money Search
  • Options
    Bulldog. Good advice and will be heeded.

I will never keep any of my higher end coins in there.

Plus, mahogany is very heavy, so it would be tough to run out the door with it. It is small but weighs about 50 lbs!!

John
  • Options
    Wonderful find Man, I have seen a few of these cabinets over the years, Did you refinish it or is it as you purchased it?

I seen one a while back that had a glass top in it where you could see the top drawer of coins.

The Last one I seen was the one with the glass top and it was made in the early twenties, seems like it was from a Furniture maker in New Hampshire, no longer in business.

OUTSTANDING find. Robbi
    COINHUNTER
  • Options
    Robbi,

That is how it was purchased. The glass topped one sounds super cool.

I am going to keep an eye out for these puppies in the future too. Think that they are very undervalued!

John
  • Options
    Oh most definantly, the one with the glass top was way undervalued it sold for like 60 dollars and I was pretty sure that it was probably one of a kind, very much doubt it was mass produced, Seem like most of the antique furnishings and stuff from the early part of the century was all handmade by craftsman and not assembled in a factory. But you can find things that were made in the fifties and sixties that were made on a more larger scale, I seen one that was made in late sixties and it was almost the size of a small upright piano. Made somewhere in the mid states, and considering its size it sold back in around 1985 or so for 70 dollars that was a small price to pay for something that exquisite, Today that same piece might fetch somewhere in the 4 digit range, you have a masterpiece. Would be neat if you could find a craftsman mark on it.
    COINHUNTER
  • Options
    Been looking but havent found anything yet...

John
  • Options
    JohnZJohnZ Posts: 1,732
    Damn, your wife is hot.

We ARE watching you.

• Options
    John,

Thanks, but how do you know what she looks like?

J
  • Options
    JohnZJohnZ Posts: 1,732
    The wedding picture of course! image

We ARE watching you.

• Options
    GeminiGemini Posts: 3,085
    I think that beautiful cabinet was built by the famous cabinet making duo who were known years ago as Chip and Dale...image
    A thing of beauty is a joy for ever

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file