Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

This is just insane - MS70 gone too far

BEFORE you click on this link, reply with your guess on the following. We'll see how close people can get:

What do you think a brand-spankin' new 2003 1/10 oz $10 Platinum Eagle in PCGS MS70 would sell for in a Heritage Internet auction? You've got 1 hour left...

MS70 $10 current auction
Tom

NOTE: No trees were killed in the sending of this message. However, a large number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced.

Type collector since 1981
Current focus 1855 date type set

Comments

• Options
    $2,875
  • Options
    amazing!
  • Options
    JoshLJoshL Posts: 656 ✭✭
    No Way image

What does last years MS70 list for?

I don't understand why a coin like that...would sell for money like that.
    I love coins...image
  • Options
    ms70ms70 Posts: 13,946 ✭✭✭✭✭

Whew! I saw the thread title & I thought you were talking about me!

Let's see now.... Heritage Auction.... MS70.... I'll go with $200.00.

Great transactions with oih82w8, JasonGaming, Moose1913.

• Options
    ms70ms70 Posts: 13,946 ✭✭✭✭✭

Geeze.

Great transactions with oih82w8, JasonGaming, Moose1913.

• Options
    I bought the same coin, but it was a 2002 and ngc ms70 for 160.00 at of all places, shopathometv.

sold it on Ebay, last jan. for 213.00.
    Lightside
  • Options
    wondercoinwondercoin Posts: 16,709 ✭✭✭✭✭
    And, isn't the possibility also that we are simply looking at a reserve not met? We'll know tomorrow I assume.

Wondercoin
    Please visit my website at www.wondercoins.com and my ebay auctions under my user name www.wondercoin.com.
  • Options
    imageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimage
    The President claims he didn't lie about taxes for those earning less then $250,000 a year with public mandated health insurance yet his own justice department has said they will use the right of the government to tax when the states appeals go to court.
  • Options
    On Aug 12 one sold for $603.75.
  • Options
    Numish,
    That's what really gets me - it sold for 1/3 of the price just last month!
    Tom

NOTE: No trees were killed in the sending of this message. However, a large number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced.

Type collector since 1981
    Current focus 1855 date type set
  • Options
    dpooledpoole Posts: 5,940 ✭✭✭✭✭
    That's just weird. I can't imagine any rationale for that--even among slab worshippers. Can this be true??
  • Options
    TWQGTWQG Posts: 3,145 ✭✭
    I think the pop is 15 not 6
  • Options
    itsnotjustmeitsnotjustme Posts: 8,777 ✭✭✭
    Limited supply, slightly less limited demand?? I'd sure rather have a Fine Flowing Hair dollar!
    Give Blood (Red Bags) & Platelets (Yellow Bags)!
  • Options
    Hit the 'buy this post auction bargain now' link and it scrolls down to the biggest bunch of marketing bs that I've seen in a long time.
  • Options
    There was an article in Coin World about the prices from the US Mint for platinum going up 100% I think.
    When I was a child, I caught a fleeting glimpse
  • Options
    wondercoinwondercoin Posts: 16,709 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Blade: As I thought, just one of many PR70 reserves that was not hit in that auction for both PCGS and NGC coins. I have seen that happening quite a bit lately.

Wondercoin
    Please visit my website at www.wondercoins.com and my ebay auctions under my user name www.wondercoin.com.
  • Options
    I would have guessed $500-$600; wow. They are asking for the stars on that one.
    Robert Getty - Lifetime project to complete the finest collection of 1872 dated coins.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file