Home Buy, Sell & Trade - Cards & Memorabilia
Options

GAI 9.5 to BGS 9.5???

Has anyone ever sent in a GAI graded 9.5 to Beckett and actually received a BGS 9.5?? The GAI is a 'first graded'...do you think it's worth the risk or cracking open its shell to see?? Or should it be 'reviewed' by BGS?? Only crack it open if it obtains a 9.5?

Comments

• Options
    gai 9.5= bgs 8-8.5
  • Options
    GAI 9.5 PSA 8/9 oc BGS 7.5-8
  • Options
    Don't you think a GAI9.5 = BGS 8-8.5 is a little to harsh. After all? The card has no chipped color from it's edges and looks to be in VERY good condition......
  • Options
    GAI SUCKS!!!!

ppl who cut spx rc autos or insert in patches send them to gai as they will still get gai 9.5's send it to bgs and tell us what it gets. BTW what card is it..
  • Options
    AllenAllen Posts: 7,165 ✭✭✭
    GAI 9.5= HAHA
  • Options
    gai is like pro- not worth the holder it's put in. if you'd like a bgs 9.5 but don't want to pay the price, you'd have a better shot w/a PSA 10 and trying to have it cross over to a BGS 9.5- or even an SGC 98/96. gai's 'FIRST GRADED 10' cards are worthwhile if it's a hot rc- say an arod '94 holofoil that everyone wants but that there are few psa 10s/bgs 9.5s of.
  • Options
    You guys are kidding right? BGS sucks and here's the proof. They don't even look at the cards when they grade them, they just slab them.

The Iginla is the biggest mistake of them all, I mean how do you grade a card for BAP and not notice the autograph isn't there?

GAI had been selling for as much as BGS and higher yet did Beckett reflect this in their guide? No

What a joke!

1998 Leaf Rookies and Stars 199 Randy Moss BGS 8 (Error BGS Label 1999 Leaf Rookies and Stars 288 Kurt Warner)

2001 UD Graded Rookie Series Jerseys Graded 47 D.Brees NmMt+ BGS 8.5 (313/100)

2001 UD Graded Rookie Series Jerseys Graded 47 D.Brees NmMt+ BGS 8.5 (317/100)

2001 UD Graded Rookie Series Jerseys Graded 47 D.Brees Mint BGS 9 (326/100)

2001-02 Be A Player Ultimate Memorabilia Autographs 18 Jarome Iginla/40 BGS 9 (Error No Autograph)
  • Options
    human error
    http://www.freewebs.com/hermessportscards/

purchased from Ref: thematrix31, zbarr, xxchamp34xx, baljitgill, qyntelwoods24,joebenson, joestalin
  • Options
    Sorry I don't accept that when it comes to grading.
  • Options
    humans are grading, it will never be absolute
    http://www.freewebs.com/hermessportscards/

purchased from Ref: thematrix31, zbarr, xxchamp34xx, baljitgill, qyntelwoods24,joebenson, joestalin
  • Options
    only reason i`d not break it is cause its a 1st graded
    LOOKING FOR MARINO GAME USED,, , AND AUTO`S
  • Options
    It's a GAI 9.5 Tiger Woods 2001 Player's Ink......check it out...worth sending to BGS?
  • Options
    bgs 8.5: 8.5

bgs 9.5 (auto is 10):9.5 w/10

bgs 9.5: 9.5

personally i'd keep it as the 1st graded. i don't know how rare this card is (i don't follow golf), but if it's anything like the '94 arod gai 1st graded (holofoil), it should fetch a mighty premium. w/bgs, you can get hit 2x- (1) overall grade, (2) grade for auto.
  • Options

<< <i> They don't even look at the cards when they grade them, they just slab them. >>

Hahah, Becketsucks must have sent in his Pro Set cards and got rocked at grading. Even the worst grading company (Pro…) looks at the cards. BGS is very difficult, in fact, too difficult on many cards (except cards cut from sheets). I find them harder than PSA but understand their grading a lot more due to subgrades on the back. With PSA, you get the number on the front and on many occasions are left scratching your head as to why the card got the grade. “Why is this card a PSA 10 when the centering is way off?” “How can a card with such a stain be graded so high without a qualifier?” At least with subgrades you can tell…..this card has a 8 for centering or 8.5 surface and you look at the card to find the problems.

Out of all the grading companies I’ve submitted to, I find BGS to be the most consistent. I’m basically only grading modern cards and totally understand their grades. With PSA I’ve found them all over the board with no consistent grading, especially when I submit cards.

So don’t grade with BGS please……many other people do and make plenty of $$$$. As for cracking out the GAI card, I’d get it Graded Review by BGS at a show and see if it would cross over. Don’t crack it out because some suckers….errr…collectors like that 1st graded crap.
    CB4
  • Options
    To say GAI 9.5 is BGS 8 is stupid...
    e-mail me @ EHTHOCKEY@YAHOO.COM

Collecting all bowman chrome rc's from 2002 and 2003