Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

Disappointed with Heritage ebaylive; follow-up added

RYKRYK Posts: 35,789 ✭✭✭✭✭
In another thread, I posted the image of the 1860 $10 that I appeared to win in an ebaylive auction from the recent Long Beach show. After multiple emails and phone calls, it appears that no one at Heritage recognizes that I won the item, and the person in charge of the ebaylive auction has not called me/emailed me back. Sadly, I will likely not get to buy the coin.

As someone who has bought numerous items from Heritage in their conventional online auctions, I am disappointed. It appears they have some difficulties with the ebaylive format based on multiple neutral and negative feedbacks they have received. I believe they should scrap the format until they can do it correctly. I would warn others not to bid on the ebaylive Heritage auctions for fear of:
1. Bidding more than you thought you did (ask JBSteven)
2. Not getting an item that you thought you won

Robert

Comments

• Options

<< <i>Bidding more than you thought you did (ask JBStevens) >>

who meeeee? image
  • Options
    PlacidPlacid Posts: 11,301 ✭✭✭
    Lot: 8114
    Sale: 330 Liberty Eagles
    1860 $10 VF25 PCGS. 2003 September Long Beach Signature Sale
    Bidders: 5
    Sold For: $450.00
    Ended: September 18, 2003
    10:00 PM CDT

That price includes the 15% juice. Does it match your eBay bid?

I find Heritage can be a pita unless you talk to just the right person who deals with your type of auction and bid.

Try contacting this person, BeckyM@heritagecoin.com

• Options
    Placid,

Yes, that was my bid. I received email notification from ebay that I was the winning bidder.
  • Options
    coinkatcoinkat Posts: 22,795 ✭✭✭✭✭
    It turned out okay for you RYK... congrats!

Experience the World through Numismatics...it's more than you can imagine.

• Options
    jdimmickjdimmick Posts: 9,605 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I enjoy watching the E-bay live Heritage sig auctions, but do not bid thru that venue, first it cost more and always seems to be problems with biddin.

I usually place the highest bid that I am going to place the night before on the internet site right before the deadline.

If the coin is over 5k, then you can live phone bid thru a Heritage rep. I did that for a 1916 SLQ that I really had to have and had no problems, worked out great.

jim

• Options
    I finally received an invoice from Heritage. It looks like I will get my coin after all. (Unfortunately, I left them a neutral feedback--but frankly, it was deserved.)

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file