Home U.S. Coin Forum

Poll: How many forum members have stock in CU?

ms70ms70 Posts: 13,946 ✭✭✭✭✭

I don't.

Great transactions with oih82w8, JasonGaming, Moose1913.

Comments

• Not now. Not ever.

• I have it in eBay instead.
    "location, location, location...eye appeal, eye appeal, eye appeal"
    My website
  • RYKRYK Posts: 35,772 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Good question! I have enough capital tied up in coins that I would not want to tie up more with coin stocks. Despite this, CU stock (CLCT) could be a good leverage play into the collectibles market. What if sports cards heated up around the same time as coins?
  • ShamikaShamika Posts: 18,759 ✭✭✭✭
    Not me!
    Buyer and seller of vintage coin boards!
  • ms70ms70 Posts: 13,946 ✭✭✭✭✭

I tried to post a link to the running stock chart but it didn't work.

• LanLordLanLord Posts: 11,672 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>I do.image >>

I found some change in the street this morning, wanna sell a few shares?image
  • pmh1nicpmh1nic Posts: 3,125 ✭✭✭✭✭
    A small position. Just enough to provide some justification for my ranting and raving on this forum image.
    The longer I live the more convincing proofs I see of this truth, that God governs in the affairs of men. And if a sparrow cannot fall to the ground without His notice is it possible for an empire to rise without His aid? Benjamin Franklin

• << <i>I tried to post a link to the running stock chart but it didn't work. >>

MS70- Here is your stock chart

CLCT Stock chart

• BearBear Posts: 18,954 ✭✭
    Do you get an upgrade for so many shares of stock?If not why not?

I think that it is a heck of a good way to inflate the stock price.
    There once was a place called
    Camelotimage
  • BikingnutBikingnut Posts: 3,365 ✭✭✭
    Not me. I don't think it's a safe investment in the long run.
    US Navy CWO3 retired. 12/81-09/04

Looking for PCGS AU58 Washington's, 32-63.

Thanks DCAMFranklin!

• In and out. momo play
    THE FLOGGINGS WILL CONTINUE UNTIL MORALE IMPROVES
  • coppercoinscoppercoins Posts: 6,084 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Not now. Not ever.

image >>

What he said...
    C. D. Daughtrey, NLG
    The Lincoln cent store:
    http://www.lincolncent.com

My numismatic art work:
    http://www.cdaughtrey.com
    USAF veteran, 1986-1996 :: support our troops - the American way.
  • MrEurekaMrEureka Posts: 23,892 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes, I have some shares. Then again, I also collect Franklin Mint coins. Hmmm...
    Andy Lustig

Doggedly collecting coins of the Central American Republic.

Visit the Society of US Pattern Collectors at USPatterns.com.

• << <i>Not me. I don't think it's a safe investment in the long run. >>

not even a good investment in the short run.

thinly traded, reverse stock split, lots of revenue that doesn't make it's way to the bottom

connect the dots
    "I want to die peacefully in my sleep like my Grandfather did, as opposed to screaming in terror like his passengers."
  • ManorcourtmanManorcourtman Posts: 7,893 ✭✭✭✭
    None here..........But I believe at the Balt.(ANA show) Mr. Hall said that the Melt value was worth more than the stock price. I could be wrong but would appreciate some other members who at the PCGS registry luncheon to validate my quote.

Thanks.....Chris
  • I was gonna buy a few thousand shares...then I had a sudden burst of common sense!image
    A dealer once asked me if I noticed any three-legged buffalos on the bourse,to which I replied,"...no,but I saw alot of two-legged jackasses..."
  • homerunhallhomerunhall Posts: 2,498 ✭✭✭
    I do...

• << <i>I do... >>

you should
    "I want to die peacefully in my sleep like my Grandfather did, as opposed to screaming in terror like his passengers."
    Btt

• Not very good numbers for this company. Poor performance!

Bulldog
    Proud to have fought for America, and to be an AMERICAN!

No good deed will go unpunished.

Free Money Search
  • RonyahskiRonyahski Posts: 3,116 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I do too.
    Some refer to overgraded slabs as Coffins. I like to think of them as Happy Coins.
  • Selling today.
  • I do, but only a small amount. Since CLCT is considered a high risk investment by most experts and is a small cap, you should not have a large portion of your portfolio invested here. However, you should invest some money in high risk investments. I've made money thus far, and I think it will go to $4/share by the end of the year, IMHO, so I'm holding onto mine. The reason I think this is: (1) company has NO DEBT, (2) hot collectibles market, and (3) hot stock market.
    Author of MrKelso's official cheat thread words of wisdom on 5/30/04. image
    imageimage
    Check out a Vanguard Roth IRA.
  • GeminiGemini Posts: 3,085
    I have locks and barrels but no stocks...image
    A thing of beauty is a joy for ever
  • Going to $4.00 a share isn't going to help anyone very much since the stock is so volatile. Sell off 100 shares and the price drops 3%. If you had 1000 shares to sell in one day the bottom would drop out so you'd have to sit by the computer every day and watch the price pop up a few cents and then sell another hundred shares. Oh, yeah, and you'd also have to pay a comission on every sale.
  • Not me
    Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

Apropos of the coin posse/aka caca: "The longer he spoke of his honor, the tighter I held to my purse."

• Never have never will.
  • claychaserclaychaser Posts: 4,405 ✭✭✭✭

==Looking for pre WW2 Commems in PCGS Rattler holders, 1851-O Three Cent Silvers in all grades

Successful, problem free and pleasant transactions with: illini420, coinguy1, weather11am,wayneherndon,wondercoin,Topdollarpaid,Julian, bishdigg,seateddime, peicesofme,ajia,CoinRaritiesOnline,savoyspecial,Boom, TorinoCobra71, ModernCoinMart, WTCG, slinc, Patches, Gerard, pocketpiececommems, BigJohnD, RickMilauskas, mirabella, Smittys, LeeG, TomB, DeusExMachina, tydye
  • claychaserclaychaser Posts: 4,405 ✭✭✭✭
    When will we see you on Jim Cramer's "Mad Money"? After PCGS goes to a 100 point scale? Ha-ha!

==Looking for pre WW2 Commems in PCGS Rattler holders, 1851-O Three Cent Silvers in all grades

Successful, problem free and pleasant transactions with: illini420, coinguy1, weather11am,wayneherndon,wondercoin,Topdollarpaid,Julian, bishdigg,seateddime, peicesofme,ajia,CoinRaritiesOnline,savoyspecial,Boom, TorinoCobra71, ModernCoinMart, WTCG, slinc, Patches, Gerard, pocketpiececommems, BigJohnD, RickMilauskas, mirabella, Smittys, LeeG, TomB, DeusExMachina, tydye
  • Don't have.
  • i dont have any but i need to buy some...............to cover my short....im bidding 8.10
    my goal is to find the monsters and i go where they are but i sometimes miss some.... so if you have any and want to sell IM THE BUYER FOR THEM!!!

out of rockets ...out of bullets...switching to harsh language
  • Does CU have an income?
    imageimage
  • Nope, not me.
  • TommyTypeTommyType Posts: 4,586 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've never seen a poll here with 130+ votes!?!!

As for me, I'd have to look closer at my mutual funds.....but I doubt it. image
    Easily distracted Type Collector
  • How does CU generate a cash flow?
    imageimage
  • It only had 111 when I resurrected it tonight from it's 2+ year slumber, but the 100-point scale poll is about to go over 200. Maybe DH will pay attention?
    Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

Apropos of the coin posse/aka caca: "The longer he spoke of his honor, the tighter I held to my purse."

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file