Home PSA Set Registry Forum

How much do you think this 1975 Topps PSA-9 will go for?

Probably one of the toughest, if not THE toughest card to find in a PSA-9. Yes, its a common but I would expect the bidding to be spirited for this one. Good Luck to the seller - it couldn't be listed on ebay at a better time with just a month before the Set Registry contest ends.

1975 Topps #481 Will McEnaney

Comments

• RedHeart54RedHeart54 Posts: 2,267 ✭✭✭
    Probably not the $1800 the Ryan got...
  • I'm not an expert on the 75 set but that card doesn't look like a PSA 9 or a PSA 8 with that diamond cut. If the card was scanned in the vertical direction it would be even more noticeable.
    Collecting Vintage Boxing Cards
  • Is it so hard to rotate a scan clockwise before listing?
  • Butcher> Diamond-cuts won't keep a card from being a 9. So long as the worst point is still within the specification for a 9, it will get the 9. Now, whether that is a PSA9 you would want to buy is a different question.

I've never seen a McEnaney centered this nicely. This card is notorious for being centered about 85/15 left-to-right. It's also notorious for having very bland color tone. Compared to the other red-and-yellow Reds cards, this one is more prone to print spots and other flaws.

If I had to guess, I'd say it'd go in the $250-$300 range.

Mike
    So full of action, my name should be a verb.
  • VarghaVargha Posts: 2,392 ✭✭
    I see that Sixto Lezcano is the high bidder. I wondered what had happened to him.
  • wolfbearwolfbear Posts: 2,759 ✭✭✭
    Sixto has an amusing eBay "me" page. image

Link to Sixto's "me" page
    Pix of 'My Kids'

"How about a little fire Scarecrow ?"
  • theBobstheBobs Posts: 1,136 ✭✭
    Where have you gone Dave Vargha
    CU turns its lonely eyes to you
    What's the you say, Mrs Robinson
    Vargha bucks have left and gone away?

hey hey hey
    hey hey hey
  • Mike C. hit the nail on the head about this card.It does have great centering and outstanding color for this particular card.It is diamond cut and I clearly state that in the auction description.If you look at all my items for sale the scan is horizontal.For some reason my scanner shows a bigger and more detail when I scan them that way.(Probably my lack of knowledge operating the scanner!)I also provide the supersize link.I always call it like I see it!This paticular card came from a set I purchased at the National in A.C.....Set was in the box.I looked at the Mcenaney first and then Terry Hughes.I told the dealer...Ill take it without looking at any of the stars.Just a beauty! Good luck to whomever needs the card and thanks.
  • Yes but you are using Ebay's picture service which does allow you to rotate the scan.
    You can also rotate the picture while it is still in your picture folder and it will show up that way on Ebay.
    It's just a pet peeve of mine but I hate it when people leave it that way.