Home PSA Set Registry Forum
Options

Kurt's Phenomenal 1975 Topps Set

Has roared into the #4 position with an 8.94 weighted GPA at almost 91% completed! Holy crap!

Kurt's '75 Topps - 4th All Time Finest Set

Comments

• Options
    mikeschmidtmikeschmidt Posts: 5,756 ✭✭✭
    Congratulations, Kurt!

It is shocking the number of 1975 Topps set collectors that are so far along and so close to complete. A Hurculean effort to get so many cards in high grade. Congratulations to all.
    I am actively buying MIKE SCHMIDT gem mint baseball cards. Also looking for any 19th century cabinets of Philadephia Nationals. Please PM with additional details.
  • Options
    The Man is on a Missionimage
    "All my life I've been searching for something"
  • Options
    Now that is a labor of love!

• Options
    VarghaVargha Posts: 2,392 ✭✭
    Love and money. The competition is quite fierce for the low pop. 9's. I have decided to back out of that fray for the time being.
  • Options
    helionauthelionaut Posts: 1,555 ✭✭
    I just saw that Kurt added 5 more 10s to his set bringing his total to 22. That had the incremental effect of bumping his GPA to 9.01. But the wow factor of his set grows with each addition. Too bad if he adds any more 9s, his GPA will go down.
    WANTED:
    2005 Origins Old Judge Brown #/20 and Black 1/1s, 2000 Ultimate Victory Gold #/25
    2004 UD Legends Bake McBride autos & parallels, and 1974 Topps #601 PSA 9
    Rare Grady Sizemore parallels, printing plates, autographs

Nothing on ebay
  • Options
    Nice job Kurt...

Keep it up !!

Larry
    I LOVE FANCY CURRENCY, pretty girls, Disney Dollars, pretty girls, MPC's, ..did I mention pretty girls???

email....emards4457@msn.com

CHEERS!!
  • Options
    Larry -- Your measly PSA 8's will ship out today.
  • Options
    seinbigdseinbigd Posts: 206 ✭✭
    David,

Have any of these measely 8's laying around you could sell me: 411, 481, 547?

seinbigd

• Options
    Vargha...

David... A mere speck to you "Monster '75 PSA 9 Guys", but gargantuan enjoyment to us "Meek and Timid..." collectors of 8's....image...

I worship the ground you walk on...(yeah right...) (oops did I say that...??..)

Larry
    I LOVE FANCY CURRENCY, pretty girls, Disney Dollars, pretty girls, MPC's, ..did I mention pretty girls???

email....emards4457@msn.com

CHEERS!!
  • Options
    19541954 Posts: 2,866 ✭✭✭
    That is an incredible set. Keep up the nice work.

Looking for high grade rookie cards and unopened boxes/cases
  • Options
    Steve -- I wish I did. I'd offer them to you first for sure.
  • Options
    Check him out now. A solid #1 with a GPA above 9.0 . . . sweet!
  • Options
    Still looking for 75's in PSA 8.
    I'm a poor student so can't afford those high grades, but am enjoying slowly putting together this set from the year of my birth.
    Anyone out there with 8's they are looking to move, PM me.
    thanks,
    John
  • Options
    helionauthelionaut Posts: 1,555 ✭✭
    Wow, I was wondering when he'd plug that #228 slot. I didn't really think it would be with a 10, but a 9 would almost be too pedestrian for that set.
    WANTED:
    2005 Origins Old Judge Brown #/20 and Black 1/1s, 2000 Ultimate Victory Gold #/25
    2004 UD Legends Bake McBride autos & parallels, and 1974 Topps #601 PSA 9
    Rare Grady Sizemore parallels, printing plates, autographs

Nothing on ebay
  • Options

<< <i>Wow, I was wondering when he'd plug that #228 slot. I didn't really think it would be with a 10, >>

That is a sweet set !!!! I love it when one card in his set is worth 3 times as much as my whole set.
  • Options
    Last listing I saw said he was #4? Kurt is now #1 with a GPA of 9.06 !!
    Nice job.
    Fuzz
    Wanted: Bell Brands FB and BB, Chiefs regionals especially those ugly milk cards, Coke caps, Topps and Fleer inserts and test issues from the 60's. 1981 FB Rack pack w/ Jan Stenerud on top.
  • Options
    jimtbjimtb Posts: 704 ✭✭
    Man this set just sums up my whole childhood. I was 10 when it came out and would buy the mini's after little leaugue games at the concession stand. What an awesome GPA!
    Collecting all graded Alan Trammell graded cards as well as graded 1984 Topps, Donruss, and Fleer Detroit Tigers
  • Options
    Awesome. I've met Frank (former #1) before - great guy, awesome collector of cards! ... I wonder how this'll heat up the race for the 9s and 10s that the 2 don't already have!!
  • Options
    I did notice that he has seven PSA 8's in the set. That is shameful.
  • Options
    WabittwaxWabittwax Posts: 1,984 ✭✭✭
    I am really surprised to see somebody pass Frank. That is an amazing accomplishment. I just won this lot on Ebay. Hopefully I can help Frank regain his throne if I get anything that he needs.
  • Options
    Congratulations to "Kurt" for his #1 set. It is truely amazing.
    Scott
    I am working on PSA baseball sets in 8 or better from 1973 thru 1976. Also Mike Schmidt & Pete Rose sets.
  • Options
    Scott -- Whatcha collecting these days?