Home PSA Set Registry Forum

Most resent submission results

I just got my newest group back in the mail today and was kinda disappointed with the grades. I sent the following:

1986 Jerry Rice-PSA 7
1977 Steve Largent-PSA 6
1974 John Hannah-PSA 6

I really thought they were all a grade higher then they graded out. At least the 7 ended up to be the rice. Allthough, for a poor college student, they'll do until I get some new funds. Look out to the owner of the team of the 80's set, I'm moving up, lol. See sleeveless climb. image
The world meets no one half way. If you want it you have to go get it.

Comments

• FBFB Posts: 1,684 ✭✭
    Hey sleeveless!

Keep at it!

When you get your cards back - check them out back to front, front to back and be honest with yourself. Were these cards that you had no doubt in your mind would grade higher, or were these cards that you were hoping would grade higher.

When you get them back - compare them with other cards in your collection. See if you can figure out why you got the grades that you got and keep that in mind when you buy more raw cards in the future.

This is REALLY "higher" education.

Take care and good luck on future submissions!!!!
    Frank Bakka
    Sets - 1970, 1971 and 1972
    Always looking for 1972 O-PEE-CHEE Baseball in PSA 9 or 10!

lynnfrank@earthlink.net
    outerbankyank on eBay!
  • JasP24JasP24 Posts: 4,645 ✭✭✭
    Achtey, I am the owner of the #1 Team of the 80's Set.All I can say is "bring it".lolol.. I enjoy the competition, and always like to see new football sets and collections get posted. I hope you will eventually post some pics of the cards as well.

You're off to a good start, good luck in the hunt.

JasP24
    I'm here to question, not to inspire or build up. To live how I want, as I see fit,
    according to my values and my needs. Nothing holds dominion over me, I stand alone as the ruler of my life.
  • VarghaVargha Posts: 2,392 ✭✭
    Most resent submission results (sic)

No pun intended?
  • I have a group of vintage commons that I gave them in San Francisco at the Labor Day show. I just got them back. I have a couple to question along with the 1959 Topps Venezuelan #192 that they did not acknowledge, I had it marked on the invoice. I had an invoice of 1970 basketball going in and needed some additional cards. Since everyone like to see what everyne else has, the invoice is #4105826.
  • wolfbearwolfbear Posts: 2,759 ✭✭✭

achtey - examine the corners of some psa 7's and 8's under magnification.
    Then, examine the corners of the cards you submitted under magnification.

I'm guessing that therein will lie the answers as to why your cards graded as they did ...

Pix of 'My Kids'

"How about a little fire Scarecrow ?"