Home PSA Set Registry Forum
Options

Boy, I guess this is a legit auction?

Check out this thief. Everybody sells $15,000.00 baseball cards for $2,000.00 don't they?

These idiots are out of control on eBay.
There is a fine line between "hobby" and "mental illness"

Comments

• Options
    Look at his feedback. I think this is really a problem that ebay needs to do a better job on, even though it is up to the buyers.
  • Options
    Ok, who's gonna be the first one to tell him they live right near Asheville and want to see the card, and they will pay in cash at his doorstep if they win?
  • Options
    I just sent him a message. My sister lives 30 min away and I will send her husband if he will sell it this way.
  • Options
    From the feedback, I would guess the seller is about 11 years old.... Here's one negative and response.

mpiller( 406)
    Complaint : seller's relatives contacted to say this was fraud; refunded money
    Response by skyflyer03 - Card existed, just wasn't supposed to sell it! No problems as money was refunded
  • Options
    another sign it's fraudulent- seller won't take credit cards or paypal, so you lose one of the 'easiest' (relatively speaking) ways to recover the $/file a fraud complaint.
  • Options
    I sent him an email to see if he would accept escrow. If not, I will fly to Ashville and give him cash for the card!
    Always buying high grade Mike Schmidt and Steve Carlton cards!!!
  • Options
    I did eveyone one better. I offered to triple the Buy It Now price, pay cash,
    and pick up the card tonight at his house. I bet it's no surprise to anyone
    here that there has been no response. image
    Bill
    wpkoughan@yahoo.com
    Collecting 1970-1979 PSA 9 & 10 Baseball Cards
  • Options
    This is just like the time I used BIN to buy a 1952 Topps Mantle for 5 grand under SMR.
    I tried to go to the guy's place in Canada and pay for it in person, but of course this was somehow inpossible!
    Whatever!

I'm also sick of people like this on eBay.
    Dave
    sellerman23

1965 Topps
    1975 Topps
    1952 Topps
    HOF
  • Options
    Ebay or safeharbor or whatever have to do a bit better with this sort of stuff. There should be some sort of form to fill out to report suspicious listings and there should be a department that looks into this sort of stuff.
  • Options
    Check out the response I just got from this guy!!

I am able to sell the card, and the feedbacks that I recieved before were
    from my brother messing around with my account and he tried selling one of
    my fathers other Lou Gehrig cards! I recieved many emails concerning these
    feedbacks and if I would be willing to deliver the card, and I cant do that
    unless it would be close to me. I have ended the auction because it looked
    like I wasn't going to be able to sell it, but if your interested we can
    work out a price and I'll gladly relist this card. You just get back with me
    and this is my baseball card, so there is no problems with selling this one.
    My brother has really screwed my feedback rating up now and I dont know how
    I can get things back in order, but Im going to try my best. Thanks for your
    interest and please get back with me whenever you get a chance. Thanks so
    much,
    Brandon
    AKA....skyflyer03

>From: David Santoni <DSantoni@agio.com>
    >To: "'Brandonsdaman@msn.com'" <Brandonsdaman@msn.com>
    >Date: Mon, 29 Sep 2003 16:03:26 -0500
    >
    >I would to buy the card. The question is, are you able to sell it?
    Text
    Always buying high grade Mike Schmidt and Steve Carlton cards!!!