Home PSA Set Registry Forum
Options

A good post for you all to enjoy.

As most of you know these message boards have been drying up to make it simple and blunt. Let's start something to get everyone that has quit posting on here back. I have an idea, and maybe more ideas will arise from your bright minds. The idea I have is every week we discuss an individual set. We can start with any set, then in a week we'll move on to another set. What I am trying to get at here is everyone discuss's the knowledge/personal stories about that given set. So, in turn we all learn interesting facts about the cards/sets we collect. And everyone's opinion will be important, and valuable.

What do you ALL think?

Best regards everyone,
Jeff

Comments

• Options
    I think that is a good clean idea. image
    www.LloydWTaylor.com
    Vintage Baseball Cards
    Sales and Ebay Consignment Service
    email
    Lloyd_Taylor_Vintage_Cards -- on Ebay
  • Options
    BaseballJeff - I think this would not only work, but be refreshing. Some of what you popose may be redundant from past post discussions but there are so many new registry members of late that many would likely also participate, learn, and enjoy the banter. Heck an ol'dog like myself can still learn something now and then...especially if it involves sets that I have newly ventured into or are considering for the future...so lets talk.
    Do we have a resident 1951 Topps Redback Baseball expert in the house to take us through the in's and out's of that set? It wouldn't be a bad idea to start right there as you suggested in your ost to the community board. And we don't necessarily have tto do this in any particular order. Any poster willing to lay the basic groundwork for any set can start. This may put us back on the track of talking about cards again as you suggest.
    Love the idea also.
    RayB69Topps
    Never met a Vintage card I didn't like!
  • Options
    RobbyRobby Posts: 657 ✭✭✭
    Jeff , Terrific idea ! Would love nothing more than to read about the in's and out's of everyone sets , then read about complaints and rumors ! Robby
    Collect 1964 Topps Baseball
    1963 Fleer
    Lou Brock Master Set
  • Options
    VarghaVargha Posts: 2,392 ✭✭
    Sounds good!
  • Options

Finally, knowledgeimage
  • Options
    gemintgemint Posts: 6,069 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Great idea! I would also recommend that the person who starts a thread for a given set emails everyone on the registry for that set who has provided their email address. They can be notified of the topic and, if they are not currently on the forums, they could be encouraged to sign up and contribute to the topic. It's a good way to get more people involved in the forums.
  • Options
    Jeff

Outstanding idea who is going to start it out.

Dave
    Visit my site @ www.djjscards.com
  • Options
    Great idea!!!

Let's get going....

Larry
    I LOVE FANCY CURRENCY, pretty girls, Disney Dollars, pretty girls, MPC's, ..did I mention pretty girls???

email....emards4457@msn.com

CHEERS!!
  • Options
    baseballfanbaseballfan Posts: 5,451 ✭✭✭
    sounds like a great idea i enjoy reading post about set i'm not working on , that how i started the 1964 topps giants set in a modest psa 7 and 8 form. a lot of people used to post about that set and got me interested and i found i like the player make up of that set. who knows what could be next
    this is a good idea
    Fred

collecting RAW Topps baseball cards 1952 Highs to 1972. looking for collector grade (somewhere between psa 4-7 condition). let me know what you have, I'll take it, I want to finish sets, I must have something you can use for trade.

looking for Topps 71-72 hi's-62-53-54-55-59, I have these sets started

• Options
    1420sports1420sports Posts: 3,473 ✭✭✭
    I think that is a good idea as well but I wonder why all the effort to bring back guys who have "quit"? Nothing personal, as I had a nice conversation awhile back with one of the guys who left, but I really do not see the point of coming up with reasons to bring these guys back. I can live with myself and my world is every bit as full now as it was then when we were blessed with their prescence.
    collecting various PSA and SGC cards
  • Options
    BasiloneBasilone Posts: 2,492 ✭✭

Great Idea...I say we start with 1989 Topps and work backwards....image

John
  • Options
    DavalilloDavalillo Posts: 1,846 ✭✭
    Baseballjeff,

As I said on the other board, this is a great idea. You suggested we start with 1951 Topps. Simply put up a post entitled set of the week and start with 1951 Topps as you suggested. Then perhaps every Sunday if nothing is up someone can post their idea of a VINTAGE set to discuss.

Davalillo