Home Q & A Forum
Options

Complete Type Sets - How about a 1792 to Present Version?

Mr Hall,
I think the registry sets are great, and have helped me focus my collecting. One thing that stands out to me is the the "complete" type sets are not complete... they end at 1964. I know that was a turning point for collectible coins, and many classic collectors do not consider anything newer than 1964 a collectible coin. Regardless, I feel a complete set that ignores Ikes, SBAs, Sacs, 40% and Clad Kennedys, Clad & State Qtrs, Clad Roosies and Zinc Lincolns less than complete. And in the years to come we will have new nickels, and probably new quarters.

Would you consider adding a "More Complete" type set?
Give Blood (Red Bags) & Platelets (Yellow Bags)!

Comments

• Options
    homerunhallhomerunhall Posts: 2,498 ✭✭✭
    Brian,

We have a lot of sets that only span a certain time frame...pre and post 1858 proofs for example. The 1964 cut-off line is pretty logical as that's when 90% silver coins hit the road. If a person wants to collect both pre and post 1964 sets then they can register ib both areas. We haven't had a lot of requests for a combo set, but if we did we would consider it. We should all be careful about adding a ton of sets. We don't want to dilute the focus and purpose of the Registry.

David