Home Q & A Forum

Why are Franklins so soft?

Hi David,
I wondering if you can provide any insights into what I see as a softening of realised prices for Franklins? At least, that's what it seems like, from my perspective. I realize it's not a classic coin. I was cursed, by a gypsy, about 20 yrs ago, the result being I love the series, and especially love pieces displaying Mint Set Toning. I keep wondering if they'll ever rebound, or if My collection will ever be worth what I paid for it again. I do have beautiful above average pieces for sure, which keeps me hopeful.
Today's mighty oak is just yesterday's nut that held its ground.

Comments

• homerunhallhomerunhall Posts: 2,498 ✭✭✭
    MM...Franklins have actually have come way up in price in the last 5 years. They've been a little soft lately, but every market takes a breather after a run-up. This is a great, very collectable series and I feel Franklins will perform well for many decades to come. The series has a lot going for it...it's short...the coins are 90% silver...there are some significant condition rarities...the design is ben Franlin and the Liberty Bell...etc.

All markets have their upa and downs. Enjoy the ups and take advantage of periods of price weakness to add to your collection. That's what I'd do.

David