Home PSA Set Registry Forum
Options

Question for the 76/77 basketball guys...

BK experts...

Opened a wax box of 1976/77 tall boys today and came across a gem #1 Julius Erving card. Perfect centering...super sharp corners...and none of those "bumps" in the surface....HOWEVER...there is a wax stain across the back (broke my heart image..)

It's a strong 9, but it will have a qualifier ST.....This card won't fit in my set with a "Q"..

BK guys...Should I send it in anyway, or just post it on my wall as a reminder of "old wax box" eyeopeners...

Any help is handy...

Thanks

Larry
I LOVE FANCY CURRENCY, pretty girls, Disney Dollars, pretty girls, MPC's, ..did I mention pretty girls???

email....emards4457@msn.com

CHEERS!!

Comments

• Options
    how bad is the stain???? i have a card from the '50's that has a noticeable stain on its backside but it graded out psa 8 unqualified. i'd send it in. if your grading is correct worst case you'll get the 8 or 9 st, even then you could always resubmit it or send it to a different grading company....which is still much better than selling it raw. anyway, i think it's always better to spend $10 to grade a quality card, than trying to sell it raw.
    Duner a.k.a. THE LSUConnMan
    lsuconnman@yahoo.com

• Options
    duner...

The stain is light (discoloration) but it goes all the way across the back, and I would be lying if I said you "might" not be able to see it. If a PSA grader failed to qualify this card...He shouldn't be grading..

PSA 9 ST might work. I just don't know...

Thanks for the help.

Larry
    I LOVE FANCY CURRENCY, pretty girls, Disney Dollars, pretty girls, MPC's, ..did I mention pretty girls???

email....emards4457@msn.com

CHEERS!!