Home PSA Set Registry Forum
Options

Grading Services - For Hunting on Ebay

Do do more hunting on ebay for slabbed cards, is this the list of all grading services?

BGS
SGC
PGS
FGS
PRO
CTA
GAI

Thanks,

Dale
1st Finest Set - 1981 Baseball Fleer Basic - Retired
1st Finest Set - 1981 Baseball Fleer Master - Retired
1st Finest Set - 1955 Baseball Golden Stamps - Cleveland Indians - Retired
1st Finest Set - Mel Harder Baseball Master - Active
Mel Harder Showcase Set - Active
#15 on Current Set Registry - 1972 Topps Baseball - Retired
#23 on All Time Set Registry - 1972 Topps Baseball - Retired

Comments

• Options
    You forgot ZAG ! :-)
    Never met a Vintage card I didn't like!
  • Options
    jaxxrjaxxr Posts: 1,258 ✭✭
    There are quite a few more unknown, unregulated, untested, un-needed, etc. "Expert Grading Companies" out there, my favorite is Snaggletooth, if they are still around. Many not even worthy of an attempt to crack and cross.

To search for these on ebay, don't try to remember all the trustworthy names,... simply search via a particular year, then select "graded cards" from the choices ebay lists on the left side below your search input. You'll get the beauties from Gem, Champs, CTX, Mint, and so on, plus the PSA items.

This aint no party,... this aint no disco,.. this aint no fooling around.
  • Options
    dalew...

Hey Dale. There was a thread about 8 monthe ago that listed some 35 grading companys. Check it out.........Yeah..Snaggletooth was one of them.......ha....

Larry
    I LOVE FANCY CURRENCY, pretty girls, Disney Dollars, pretty girls, MPC's, ..did I mention pretty girls???

email....emards4457@msn.com

CHEERS!!
  • Options
    There is also AGS, TFA, KSA, WCG, BVG, and BCCG that come right to mind.
  • Options
    qualitycardsqualitycards Posts: 2,811 ✭✭✭
    KK - I started a thread (possibly the 1 you mentioned) regarding the glut of grading companies. I posted a link to a website that featured 40+ grading companies.

Anyone of us can start a grading company in our basement. Get a machine that slabs (while some just utilize screw down holders) come up w/ a cutesy grading company name, then use the initials and your set. No need for formal training on the card industry or business management knowledge. Make sure you advertise in 1 of the trade papers, and stress how accurate you are, and viola, your already better then half of the 40+ that try/tried this business.

I rarely buy other slabs anymore for the re-grading game. If there is a company that I'm not too fond of like PRO, why buy a PRO card to crack out and hope for success w/ one of the top grading companies. PRO still got their $ to grade it, so I doubt they would care that it might end up in a PSA or SGC holder. If dealers/sellers end up w/ a ton of an inferior grading company stock, perhaps they won't submit to them anymore, and the inferior grading company will cease to exist. I maintain that a bad grading company hurts us all. If a collector buy a slab from XYZ grading company and its not authentic, altered or overgraded. The collector may cut his losses and spend his hard earned dollars on another hobby...jay