Home PCGS Set Registry Forum
Options

Red Friday in the Merc registry ?

Hey who is waiting for Dimes to arrive that are paid for ? Go ahead and make today a Red Friday.....we will forgive you for jumping the gun this time. I'll check the Registry after getting home from work and see who is cheating just a hair....image Then if some people are adding thier coins I will throw mine in also.

Go Ahead and Cheat Today

Ken

Comments

• Options
    marcmoishmarcmoish Posts: 6,221 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've got RED this weekend b/c I upgraded two image , however due to the fact that I need to thread cautiosly with Jim (and Wayne of course image ) I will graciously pass on your offer although I do have at least 2 newps coming in - but before my fussy eyes confirm they are what melikes I usually refrain from posting them image

I hope I'll be forgiven image

Great weekend to all I'll be meditating this Saturdayu & Sunday!

Marc
  • Options
    CocoinutCocoinut Posts: 2,505 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Geez, guys!

First Wayne zips by me, and now Marc is threatening to leave me behind. I don't know if I can take much more of this abuse!image I haven't had much time to search for Merc's the past 3 weeks, but this weekend I'm going surfing! (On the 'Net to look for coins). image Sure wish I could join in Red Friday today - maybe next week!

If I don't have any luck with Mercs, I'll look for Walking Liberties or Type coins. I've got to do something; it's been so long since I bought a coin (other than current Mint issues) that I'm starting to have withdrawal symtoms.

Congrats to Tim, Al, Marc, and fcloud on improvements to their sets.

Jim

Countdown to completion of my Mercury Set: 2 coins. My growing Lincoln Set: Finally completed!
  • Options
    fcloudfcloud Posts: 12,133 ✭✭✭✭
    I add if I had the number on the 20-S.

(Mine is red from the other day)

President, Racine Numismatic Society 2013-2014; Variety Resource Dimes; See 6/8/12 CDN for my article on Winged Liberty Dimes; Ebay

• Options
    Nice looking sets, guys. image Keep up the good work! image
    currently owned by 5 Labradors

Blaze - Yellow male b 3/17/93
    Onyx - Black male b 3/7/99
    Duchess - Yellow female mix b 3/12/02 rescued 9/18/02
    Rifle - Yellow male mix b 12/1/02 rescued 8/8/03
    Diamond - Black female b 5/3/05 adopted 8/3/05

First Cam-slam - 9/21/04

My eBay
  • Options
    FairlanemanFairlaneman Posts: 10,404 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I cheated.....could not resist. Only two went in though. A couple more coming I think.

Ken
  • Options
    Very nice, Ken. But what are you doing with a white coin?
    currently owned by 5 Labradors

Blaze - Yellow male b 3/17/93
    Onyx - Black male b 3/7/99
    Duchess - Yellow female mix b 3/12/02 rescued 9/18/02
    Rifle - Yellow male mix b 12/1/02 rescued 8/8/03
    Diamond - Black female b 5/3/05 adopted 8/3/05

First Cam-slam - 9/21/04

My eBay
  • Options
    Beth

Its Off White.....and that is OK. image The 16P will make up for the lack of color on the 35S I believe. It has enough Tone for atleast two coins. image

Ken
  • Options
    Ken,

I can really appreciate a white coin.image
    Congratulations, on a your improvements!

Tony

President, Racine Numismatic Society 2013-2014; Variety Resource Dimes; See 6/8/12 CDN for my article on Winged Liberty Dimes; Ebay

• Options
    Tony

Today is a milestone day.....the set is back to the same completion it was a little over a year ago. image Over a full year of finding coins I really like. Still have about 4 or 5 that I want to get some color on though. Two of those are coming but will not impact the Numbers but will impact the color. image

Ken
  • Options
    Ken,

I'm glad to see you put all those late coins back in over time.

And, congrats on getter back to where you were is also in order. Now, go out and surpass!

Tony

• Options
    gripgrip Posts: 9,962 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ken
    The two you added are not showing the scan/picture?.Im still waiting on mine from Heritage.Maybe todayimage.
    Nice upgrades to All.Al
  • Options
    marcmoishmarcmoish Posts: 6,221 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I upgraded - rather switched existing typical 67FB's in '42 & 42-D I had already for those recieved today from onlyroosies - melikes these two very very much - in fact the '42 the toughie is so killer-like I just had to TTT Kens thread from Friday to add these - although I moved no where I'm one happy camper. Nick has my MOA (Merc Of Approval) image

Marc
  • Options
    onlyroosiesonlyroosies Posts: 3,285 ✭✭✭✭
    Marc, Thanks for the kind words, I'm glad you were happy with the dimes. Now I just have to wait and see if Ken likes
    what I sent him.

Onlyroosies
  • Options
    remumcremumc Posts: 1,265 ✭✭✭
    Hi Mercateers,

Mine will be red this Friday, in fact, it's red now, and two are still on the way. Still waiting on a 26-P in 66FB and a 37-S in 67FB to arrive, hopefully by Friday.

Regards,

Wayne
    Regards,

Wayne

www.waynedriskillminiatures.com
  • Options
    Still waiting for a coin to arrive. Damn where is the thing ? It should be here already because it was bought last Friday. The seller is a slow shipper I guess. image

Just may try for another upgrade later this evening. Still thinking on it though.

Nice moves Guys. Did I see that all of the first ten sets are 90% or better now ? A big change from a couple of years ago.

By the way. I still need a 66FB Toned 40S. Has anyone seen one anywhere ? I just cannot find one period.

Ken
  • Options
    Ken
    I think Zaps may have one,they had quite a few toned 40's.That's where I got my 39-D from. I dont have there web site .Al
  • Options
    Thanks AL....I'll see if I can find them with a search. image

Ken
  • Options
    Received the 34D from onlyroosies (Nick) today. If any of you are standing in line waiting to see if I send it back you will be standing for a long long time. Great looking coin with the Brown/Bronze Tone I seek. Tried to get a decent picture of it tonight but the light is bad.

Nick also sent a Great Looking Roosie because he thought his shipping was slow. Hell I was pleased with the whole deal. Wish all deals could go this smoothly. image

and here is a second coin that arrived today. This coin will give you the contrast between MS64 and the MS66 shown above. The 28D is a clean coin but lacks the Knock Out Luster the 34D has. The 28D suprised me with the Bronze/Brown Tone. Did not look like that on the Web Site.

Ken

Ken
  • Options
    onlyroosiesonlyroosies Posts: 3,285 ✭✭✭✭
    Ken, Glad you like it. Now send that beauty back to PCGS and get it upgraded.
  • Options
    Ken
    Nice 34-D,I sure wouldn't try for any upgrade on the other,a non FB is minor in 65,you have more to lose than gain.Al