Liberty: Parent of Science & Industry

Comments

• BaleyBaley Posts: 22,659 ✭✭✭✭✭
    and then there's this lovely piece:

but a "piece" of what??

MS63 my lily white behind.

Liberty: Parent of Science & Industry

• RampageRampage Posts: 9,436 ✭✭✭✭
    Is that PVC damage on the reverse? I am only asking because I do not know.
  • JohnZJohnZ Posts: 1,732
    Weird. That second one is altered somehow. Either the slab or the pic.

We ARE watching you.

• Yes, they absolutely have a clue....It seems like they are hoping that the buyer does not!
    Today's mighty oak is just yesterday's nut that held its ground.
  • It's either PVC or some type of corrosion. Definitely not a PQ coin for the grade and definitely not worth the asking price or a premium....
    Cecil
    Total Copper Nutcase - African, British Ships, Channel Islands!!!
    'Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup'
  • baccarudabaccaruda Posts: 2,588 ✭✭
    Baley -

You must not have read their 10,000 word commentary that had nothing to do with the auction. People are LINING UP to give him whatever price he wants, so you better BIN fast, fool!

1 Tassa-slap
    2 Cam-Slams!
    1 Russ POTD!
  • baccarudabaccaruda Posts: 2,588 ✭✭
    I'll bet this:

"Oh yeah, The Reeded Edge; I know those guys", he told the dealer. "Everything they sell is PQ and overpriced", he conitnued. The dealer remarked back, "Well I guess they must be selling plenty of coins or you wouldn't see their auctions so frequently. And further, I'll bet they don't get many returns. I would handle all high-end coins too but I simply can't find enough of them".

was actually something like this:

"Oh yeah, The Reeded Edge; I know those guys", he told the dealer. "Everything they sell overpriced and overhyped", he conitnued. The dealer remarked back, "Well I guess they must really be screwing the unknowing public, otherwise they wouldn't still be trying to fleece them. And further, I'll bet they don't get many returns because 99.9% of their auctions close without a bid. "
    1 Tassa-slap
    2 Cam-Slams!
    1 Russ POTD!
  • dragondragon Posts: 4,548 ✭✭
    That VF cent is maybe just a typo on the price I would guess, and the other does look to have PVC residue IMO.

What does bother me not only about this dealer but many others as well is when they price their coins as if they were ALREADY in the next higher grade holder because they believe they are PQ for the grade. This seller has a few Indian cents that are already priced as if they were in higher grade PCGS holders. It kinda takes all the fun out of resubmitting coins when they HAVE to get bumped just to break even,,,,,LOLOLOL.

dragon
  • dorkkarldorkkarl Posts: 12,691 ✭✭✭
    what an idiot. that 1st f.e. is not even close to xf. vf-25 is a maxed-out grade, imo. it's a $40 coin

that ms-63 is a piece of crap, too.

K S
  • koynekwestkoynekwest Posts: 10,048 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just emailed this outfit on their "double die" 1916 Buff-pointing out to them that the proper terminolgy for this variety is "doubled die." Got a nasty response. Amateurs, for sure.
  • uofa1285uofa1285 Posts: 2,252 ✭✭

<< <i>Just emailed this outfit on their "double die" 1916 Buff-pointing out to them that the proper terminolgy for this variety is "doubled die." Got a nasty response. Amateurs, for sure. >>

Post your email and their response...I need the laugh!

Doug
    Visit my eBay Store to see my (mostly) overpriced Rainbow Toned PCGS/NGC coins! IshopCoinShows4You

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file