Home PSA Set Registry Forum
Options

My first K set --- almost

Have been struggling along this year on the task of my first slabbed K set which is 70 FB. In fact, as of late last month, I had written it off for this year as not being completable this year. Through some good fortune and several large postings of cards in the last few weeks, it was looking good. A few here, a few there and then last nights break up of the set from the Mastro auction. I thought there was enough material to finish. Hope springs eternal.
Last night when I got home, hope was dashed again as I scanned down the eBay results. Got them all .............. except one. Again. Lost the Alworth. And at over $70 !! Is this one that hard in 9 !! Is this set actually ever going to get done ? My hats off to you guys who have finished this one. It may be only 60 cards. It may not have any thousand dollar rookie cards. But this one has been every bit as tough as any of the FB sets I have worked on so far.
The quest continues.........
Fuzz
Wanted: Bell Brands FB and BB, Chiefs regionals especially those ugly milk cards, Coke caps, Topps and Fleer inserts and test issues from the 60's. 1981 FB Rack pack w/ Jan Stenerud on top.

Comments

• Options
    Fuzz...

Keep your chin up Fuzz...

All Kellogg's sets have their "challanges"...

You'll feel great, once you place that last card......image

I've got a few '70 FB at PSA now...I'll let you know what comes up...

(3-D fever.....'Ya just can't help it....image.....)

Larry
    I LOVE FANCY CURRENCY, pretty girls, Disney Dollars, pretty girls, MPC's, ..did I mention pretty girls???

email....emards4457@msn.com

CHEERS!!
  • Options
    King,
    I certainly appreciate any help that might be forthcoming. I have picked up some of the 71's in both BB and FB but have just done so sparingly.
    I have collected raw K Kards for over 20 years and have dozens of the later sets but have not really thought about commiting them to slabs. It seems to be hard to get 10's, even in the later years and without 10's, the sets would be "also rans" on the registry. My impression was that 9's would only bring about slabbing costs if resold (not that mine ever would be) and that it might make sense just to pick them up down the road instead of eating the cost of the slabbing mistakes.
    Thanks again for the thought.
    Fuzz
    Wanted: Bell Brands FB and BB, Chiefs regionals especially those ugly milk cards, Coke caps, Topps and Fleer inserts and test issues from the 60's. 1981 FB Rack pack w/ Jan Stenerud on top.
  • Options
    Fuzz...

send me a PM at my email address...I've got a number of options for you....

emards4457@msn.com .

Larry
    I LOVE FANCY CURRENCY, pretty girls, Disney Dollars, pretty girls, MPC's, ..did I mention pretty girls???

email....emards4457@msn.com

CHEERS!!