Home U.S. Coin Forum

Anyone deal with blueridge1 on Ebay?

BarryBarry Posts: 10,100 ✭✭✭
I'm looking at this coin. Looks like it may be cleaned. I emailed the seller and he says no. However, it's an "estate sale" and no return priv. Whaddya think?

Comments

• All I can say is unless you really know this series well I,d be hesitant to buy raw
  • I have bought from him before....... once..........

leave it to say that if there is a "no return" policy, there's a reason

Happy hunting
    Cam-Slam 2-6-04
    3 "DAMMIT BOYS"
    4 "YOU SUCKS"
    Numerous POTD (But NONE officially recognized)
    Seated Halves are my specialty !
    Seated Half set by date/mm COMPLETE !
    Seated Half set by WB# - 289 down / 31 to go !!!!!
    (1) "Smoebody smack him" from CornCobWipe !
    IN MEMORY OF THE CUOF image
  • I have dealt with him, but allways with NGC or PCGS material and was happy with the transactions.

• 291fifth291fifth Posts: 23,936 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have dealt with him several times, all involving NGC early commem half dollars. The coins were as described (there is one I haven't received yet). Personally I wouldn't buy the early dimes raw as most of them have been cleaned at some time, though perhaps not recently. I don't like the no return priv. but it is getting so hard to find nice coins on eBay that I sometimes take chances. Only when major brand slabs are involved, however.
    All glory is fleeting.

• << <i>I'm looking at this coin. Looks like it may be cleaned. I emailed the seller and he says no. However, it's an "estate sale" and no return priv. Whaddya think? >>

"Barry"..... I have seen this sellers coins before, and he "overhypes" them. He has also changed his user I.D. before because of "all" the negative feedbacks he has. In my opinion I think you would be wise to "avoid" this seller!!!IMHOimage

• He has been using that ebay ID for quite a while. All of his coins are from "Estate Sales" and there is never a return policy. Frequently he will mention that a coin has been cleaned if he thinks it has been.

• << <i>He has been using that ebay ID for quite a while. All of his coins are from "Estate Sales" and there is never a return policy. Frequently he will mention that a coin has been cleaned if he thinks it has been. >>

"Toothpuller".... I have been buying and selling on Ebay for over 3 years, (but not coins), and when someone has a "feedback" history of more than 3% negatives, you better take a good look at why those negatives were given. IMHO image

• Puff, I am only stating some facts and not offering any judgement on blueridge1.

His feedback rating of 99.7% positive is pretty good in my book. image
  • Wolf359Wolf359 Posts: 7,653 ✭✭✭
    Barry: It sure looks cleaned to me too. I'd avoid it.

Best of luck.
  • Bought one coin from him. Never again.
    Cleaned and dipped. And BS when you try to return.

Ray
  • Toothpuller, No offence to you intended...... But this seller had a "completely" different user I.D. more than a year ago with a feedback history of 10% negatives(10 out of a 100), and that is unexceptable in my humble opinion. He apparently changed his e-mail address to get his new user I.D. because of his negatives. Maybe he changed his attitude to, but I doubt it. When a seller won't offer some sort of guarantee the it is "buyer beware".

If you would like to see my feedback of 900+ positives, with "one", (retaliatory negative, no neutrals), from when I was a "newbie" on Ebay, search my user I.D. on ebay "EFWPB1"image
  • OuthaulOuthaul Posts: 7,440 ✭✭✭✭✭
    That's funny...I've been looking at "blueridge1's" auctions for around 3 or 4 years. You mean to say he's been using more than one ID? If you have some solid info other than what shows in his ID history then please share it.

Lathmach,

Not trying to defend the guy, BUT, he specifically (and always has) stated a "NO RETURN" policy in his auctions. That's why I would only ever consider his PCGS/NGC stuff. Personally, I have a standing policy NOT to buy raw coins on eBay. Buyer beware.

Cheers,

Bob
  • blueridge1 has been his eBay I.D. since 1998.

• BarryBarry Posts: 10,100 ✭✭✭
    Thanks all. My gut feeling was to pass on this coin, based on its appearance and no return policy, and I'm going to listen to my gut on this one.
  • Good move Barry, buying any coins on eBay is risky especially raw coins.

• MacCoinMacCoin Posts: 2,545 ✭✭
    Barry my friend it don't look good to me, a raw coin with no return. maybe a raw coin with a return or a graded coin with no return. this auction has No all over it.

I hate it when you see my post before I can edit the spelling.

Always looking for nice type coins

my local dealer
  • ARCOARCO Posts: 4,311 ✭✭✭✭✭
    They offer coins with a $1.00 start and no reserve which makes for a fair auction, but with no return...a buyer can do better.

Tyler
  • PlacidPlacid Posts: 11,301 ✭✭✭
    I bought a raw coin from him a long time ago and it looked nothing like the scan it was harshly cleaned.
    I did get him to give me a refund even though it says no refunds.
  • lordmarcovanlordmarcovan Posts: 43,198 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The name rings a bell, but I don't recall ever doing business with him.

Explore collections of lordmarcovan on CollecOnline, management, safe-keeping, sharing and valuation solution for art piece and collectibles.
  • dorkkarldorkkarl Posts: 12,692 ✭✭✭
    yes.

blueridge1 is a babbling, bumbling bonehead & a scam artist. he is "harold estate" times 500, except blueridge's coins are a lot worse, & his auction listings way less entertaining.

doesn't accept returns - unless you get the ebay police involved, which i did. recommend you don't even waste your time.

K S
  • BarryBarry Posts: 10,100 ✭✭✭
    Karl,
    You bought a coin sight unseen?! I'm shocked.
  • dorkkarldorkkarl Posts: 12,692 ✭✭✭
    i admit it - i'm stupid!!! image

K S
  • Well......I'm another sucker you can add to this thread. I'm about to learn a very expensive lesson.
    Bought a raw liberty seated half that Blueridge1 states as never being cleaned. But it in hand....
    it looks too good to be true.

Unfortunately, I'm not yet well trained to detect cleaned coins and I just sent the coin in to PCGS.
    Looks like I'm about to get bodybagged! I better follow the tried and true slabbed coin purchases
    ONLY!!

Now.....what will I do with an awesome seated liberty after it's bodybagged?
    Shake n' Bake?

Edited to add: This thread resurrected to help others!
  • relayerrelayer Posts: 10,570

He blocked me after I returned a coin
    My posts viewed image times
    since 8/1/6
  • RBinTexRBinTex Posts: 4,328
    I've only bought a few low dollar certified coins from Mike (Ritchey). Always better than the pics. Never a problem. He does seem to have a bunch of crap though. Once in a while, a needle in the haystack presents itself. Cherry him when you can.
  • rec78rec78 Posts: 5,685 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I nearly pulled the trigger on a couple of his auctions but glad i didn't. just couldnt do it because of this return policy and a lot of the coins the coins did seem to be cleaned. Seems that he has enough coins that "The Estate" will never be settled. i believe that the Estate story is just that-a story-there is no estate-the whole thing is just a ploy. Bobimage
  • DennisHDennisH Posts: 13,963 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ploy?

No, it's bullsh*t.
    When in doubt, don't.
  • ILikeMercsILikeMercs Posts: 1,392
    I bought a nice toned 39 gem FB Merc (PCGS).....no problem in my book
    imageDo not taunt Happy Fun Ball image
  • I'm sure the certified coins from him are most likely legit. It's the raw coins like
    the one I purchased that's scary. What some have said is true too........

His "Estate Sale" never ends!
  • RESULTS ARE IN..........Seated Liberty bought from BLUERIDGE1........CLEANED! BB! image

Funny he didn't state "cleaned" in his description on Ebay as he has with other coins that have
    been cleaned. Anyhow, I sent him a message to let him know the results and how I felt
    mislead by his description. This was a very costly lesson!

HOPE THIS HELPS ALL THOSE IN THE LEARNING STAGES OF COIN COLLECTING LIKE ME!
  • Sorry to hear about the bad result.

I translate the "No returns" policy on an ebay auction to "No bidding" from me, regardless of who the seller is, feedback, certified versus raw coin, etc.

Mike
    Coppernicus

Lincoln Wheats (1909 - 1958) Basic Set - Always Interested in Upgrading!

• << <i> I've only bought a few low dollar certified coins from Mike (Ritchey). Always better than the pics. Never a problem. He does seem to have a bunch of crap though. Once in a while, a needle in the haystack presents itself. Cherry him when you can. >>

DITTO. his tiny pictures suck so you have to see the possibilities. I got some nicely toned PCGS walkers cheap from him.

• BlindedByEgoBlindedByEgo Posts: 10,754 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Old thread... Nice to see that smoe things never change image

When I see "estate" in the auction, esp. raw coins + no return policy, I RUN THE OTHER WAY!!!

I do, however, reserve the right to use this marvelous marketing word myself at some point in time, in order to dump all of my cleaned crap image
  • RampageRampage Posts: 9,418 ✭✭✭✭
    I have bought from them in the past, but everything I purchased was already slabbed by either PCGS or ANACS. Never had a problem.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file